The launch of the inaugural PSP "Greatest Hits" comes at a time when the PSP system continues to lead the market as the ultimate in portable gaming and entertainment.
"The PSP is our fastest growing format ever, and with the introduction of this 'Greatest Hits' selection, consumers can check out some of the best-selling titles that have made the system such a success," said Peter Dille, senior vice president, marketing, Sony Computer Entertainment America. "As the library of PSP games continues to grow, the 'Greatest Hits' offer a variety of titles ideal for gaming on the go -- all at a great value."
About the "Greatest Hits" Titles:
- Ape Escape: On The Loose is the introduction of the popular Ape Escape series onto the PSP system. Entertaining for gamers of all types, Ape Escape: On The Loose features multiplayer functionality and a wide variety of mini-games for players of all ages. This imaginative game provides players the challenge of capturing more than 200 monkeys in eight vibrant worlds spanning more than 20 levels in order to prevent them from changing history! Rating: "E" for Everyone
- ATV Offroad Fury Blazin' Trails is an intense, free-roaming, off-road racing game that players can take anytime, anywhere. Supporting up to four players via wireless multiplayer connectivity, riders can choose from more than 24 highly detailed ATVs as they tear it up on more than 30 unique environments with six distinct terrain types including snow, dirt, mud, ice, water and grass. ATV Offroad Fury Blazin' Trails provides gamers several gameplay options including a training course, and competitions in several race modes such as race, freestyle, career or any of the various mini-games. Rating: "E" for Everyone
- Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee, part of the multimillion-unit-selling Hot Shots Golf franchise, features six all-new courses and an all-new character customization feature that includes over 250 customizable body parts, accessories, clubs and balls. Also, as virtual golfers spend more time on the greens, they will improve their character's experience and abilities. Now, with the advent of wireless multiplayer connectivity, gamers can get their virtual tee times and play anywhere, anytime, including two-person matches, eight-person tournaments and two-person miniature golf rounds. Rating: "E 10+" for Everyone, ages 10 and up
- Twisted Metal: Head-On, built from the ground up by Incognito Entertainment, the pioneers of the car-combat genre, allows gamers to take destruction anywhere, anytime. Supporting up to six players via wireless multiplayer connectivity, gamers can go head-to-head or compete against AI vehicles and deliver the devastation as they strap themselves into one of 14 lethal machines on wheels equipped with machine guns, turbo boosts and special attacks unique to each vehicle. Once a vehicle is selected, gamers can take their road rage out on opponents in 12 unworldly destructible arenas. Rating: "T" for Teen
- Wipeout Pure provides an intense, combat racing experience as players choose from five different speed classes and race relentlessly around 16 futuristic, racing tracks. Supporting up to eight players via a Wi-Fi link for multiplayer gameplay, gamers will be able to take on their friends and attempt to blast enemy ships to pieces in a fierce competition for top racing honors. Fresh downloadable content, including new tracks, ships, skins, and music, can be downloaded to a Memory Stick Duo to expand the racing experience and allow for personalization of the game. Rating: "E" for Everyone