The entire Flipper Critters experience is set in a rich and engaging fantasy world, complete with strange characters, perilous quests and a host of challenging arcade mini-games. Utilising the full potential of both screens, Flipper Critters shows off every angle and aspect of the vibrant, cartoon world!
Instead of confining the action to a standard pinball table, all of the fast-flipping action in Flipper Critters takes place in a variety of landscapes, locations and areas, from town squares and mountain valleys through to towering castles and even the surface of the moon! All of the most famous and favourite pinball features are still there, including ramps, sinkholes, bumpers, jackpots, gates and goals – though not as you know them.
And that's not all. Flipper Critters also features a wide range of mini-games which challenge players to master a variety of new skills and make use of the unique aspects of the Nintendo DS, including the touch screen and WiFi. Players can access several mini games and travel to different areas of the map from the pinball tables within the game. The mini games and areas can be accessed in any order, making the gaming experience different for each player and each gameplay session.
Throughout the game, players will encounter and receive help from some of Flipper Critters' peculiar inhabitants. Characters can offer help, cast spells or offer the player quests and challenges to undertake, helping them to reach new areas of the map.
- Both display screens in full 3D – a first!!
- A feast of missions and objectives that help to advance the story.
- A high degree of freedom in deciding what missions to do next and where to travel, making each game a different experience from the last.
- A mesmeric three-dimensional, cartoon-like world.
- Villages, mountain tops and even the surface of the moon become pinball tables.
- Fast paced arcade action.
- Fabulous sound and music.
- State-of-the-art ball physics, giving fast and responsive control.
- Wi Fi features include:
- 2 player multiplay for each mini game, called duel.
- Three kinds of mini games linking the pinball tables in Story Mode - as you proceed unlock them.
- Each mini game has 4 very different visuals.
- Magic Bridge: You race against the other player and first past the line wins.
- Gravity: your goal is to make your enemy submarine sink by picking up driller icons.
- Plus much more
Howard Newmark, Vice President, Conspiracy Entertainment Europe. “Flipper Critters excels in many areas. It’s great to play with so many cool ideas, its’ innovative use of the touch screens and colourful 3D graphics and the interactive way the cast can assist the player is superb. Add to that the exciting multiplayer WiFi options and the bottom line, of course, is that it is a very unique product for a very unique handheld!”
Zsolt Kigyossy, Managing Director of Zen Studios, “Conspiracy Entertainment Europe is a progressive company who are endeavoring to bring quality and unique products to the market and we are delighted to be working with them.”
Flipper Critters squeezes every last drop of power out of the Nintendo DS to create an entirely new and fantastically fun game that promises to appeal to the gamer in everyone.
Release date: July
More articles about Flipper Critters