With the ability for thousands of gamers to play simultaneously, Test Drive Unlimited is M.O.O.R.: Massively Open Online Racing. This is a truly unprecedented experience for racing gamers and is the ultimate automotive experience for car enthusiasts. Once in the game, players can visit the most sophisticated car dealers to purchase new vehicles or simply take them for a spin. Gamers can then participate in 16 player races or take vehicles for a drive on over 1000 miles of diverse Hawaiian roads and pass by thousands of other real players. Further, players can collect and trade rare performance parts and customize each vehicle to make it one-of-a-kind. Finally, gamers win races, challenges, missions and tournaments to earn credits and purchase new cars, rare performance parts, clothes, apparel, homes and garages.
We pull back the covers this week on the ever-popular super car, AC. Get comfortable in the driver’s seat of this sleek and powerful machine and push it to its limits on Oahu’s 1000 miles of road. This rare and wonderful car makes a great addition to Test Drive Unlimited and its fleet of the world’s most desirable cars.
AC Cobra 289
Following on from the original Cobra 260, the 289 offered even more power than the earlier car. The 289 used a revised 4727cc (289 cu") Ford V8 but retained the original steering arrangement and minuscule coachwork. The engine puts out 271 hp at 5750 rpm and has a top speed of 140 mph and a 0 – 60 acceleration of 5.2 seconds.
AC Cobra 427
In 1964 the most powerful AC Cobra entered production, the Cobra 427. The 427 used the 7 litre, big block Ford V8, which developed over 400bhp in standard form and could be tuned to even higher levels for track use. The chassis and suspension were redesigned to enable the car to cope with the huge power increase along with many smaller changes. The engine puts out 480 hp at 6500 rpm and has a top speed of 180 mph and a 0 – 60 mph acceleration of less than four seconds.
- Test Drive Unlimited is redefining the racing genre online with M.O.O.R.: Massively Open Online Racing. It is the only game that allows for literally thousands of gamers to play within the same game world simultaneously. The seamless online connection offers unlimited new challenges, opponents and competitions as well as monthly additions of vehicles, aftermarket parts, clothes and apparel;
- More than 125 licensed vehicles from exclusive manufacturers including Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Mercedes, Saleen, Shelby, and Jaguar;
- Realistic vehicles: Amazing render quality and unrivalled interior details including full car functions such as radio, electric windows, horn, wipers and more;
- Personalization: Upgrade each car with options from the actual manufacturers’ catalog. Players create characters, buy new homes and garages, and tune and upgrade vehicles with aftermarket parts;
- Create challenges or races from more than 50 game rules and settings. Upload your created challenges online to become part of the player community;
- A gathering of communities: Players can create or join a club to talk, chat, trade, race or organize club-based competitions and tournaments;
- Simplified match making and division based rankings make this game the most comprehensive and accessible online racing experience.
More articles about Test Drive Unlimited