Raid Over the River offers six extensive campaigns taking place in different time dimensions: from ancient Greece, through Europe of WWII, Soviet Russia of the Cold War, present United States, to Germany of 2018 and Japan of unspecified future. In each of these campaigns we have a vehicle which fits the surroundings in which we are going to fight. In our quest we have a rich weaponry at hand – from core ammunition, sonic blasters to plasma cannons. Of course there are also going to be special attacks, such as help from the wingmen, intelligent missiles, particle blasters, gravity bombs, or laser attack from a satellite.
A kind of novelty is a system of dodges thanks to which our vehicle is going to be much more manoeuvrable than it was in other games of that type. It is not only going to be moving in one dimension but also rotation, nose-diving, barrel-rolls – all of these will allow us to control precisely what we want our vehicle to do, and save us from being shot down. by an enemy. Apart from that, nose-diving will be also useful during missions with precise bombings of ground objects. Additionally, each of the vehicles is going to be fitted with one special manoeuvre enabling it to dodge hostile fire or increase its fire-power.
The innovative system of special attacks will take advantage of a touch screen and microphone offered by DS and the convenient and intuitive controlling system will make the piloting very natural after a few moments of play. Of course, the configuration of the buttons will be under full control of the player and the voice commands will be the optional method for launching special attacks.
- 4 Single Player modes (Story Mode, Arcade, Dogfight, Survival)
- 4 Multiplayer modes (Cooperative, the Raid, Raid over the Galaxy, Special mode)
- 6 campaigns, each with several missions, providing at least 10 hours of constant playing
- 6 different vehicles to be driven in 6 different time dimensions
- very extensive weaponry
- fuel and ammunition management requiring strategic approach to missions, defending transhipment bases
- cooperation and synchronisation of actions with other units
- extensive, full of action, multi-thread scenario putting the player in an intrigue spanning hundreds of dimensions
- cartoon comic interludes between missions presenting the story taking place in the game
- set of dodging and special attacks taking advantage of special features of NDS
- hidden missions, vehicles, bonuses enabled in the course of playing
- extensive multiplayer mode allowing to enjoy the game longer
Raid Over the River is an nds exlusive game, to be released in the first half of 2007.