The glorious age of Rome - a time when the empire was at its peak, envied and feared by friend and foe alike. All across the provinces governors spared no expense to build cities of unparalleled splendor and magnificence and leave their mark in history.
Enter this time of wonder and use your city building skills to create cities that would humble even Rome itself. In campaign mode, use careful planning and governing in order to become the empire's most respected governor. Or go online in Challenge mode to best players across the Internet and determine who can build an empire to stand the test of time. Glory of the Roman Empire is an easy to learn, yet difficult to master city building and management simulation that will challenge players in an historically authentic settings, while lush graphics immerse the player in the culture of the ancient Roman empire.
- Feel the power of a Roman governor as you create the Roman city of your dreams
- Beautiful, detailed 3D graphics that bring your creation to life: watch as slaves toil to build structures and citizens farm, shop and spend time in the taverns
- An easy-to-grasp user interface makes quick work of building and resource management tasks
- Cultivate Rome or other historical ancient cities like Florence from small settlements to Imperial powers on a wide variety of maps
- Observe and guide generations of citizens, from infants to senior citizens – as they go about their daily tasks in the ancient world
- Immerse yourself in the ultimate Roman experience by switching to the Latin language version of the game
- Economy based on a simulation of the needs and desires of every citizen, with citizens acting upon those needs, from spreading gossip to rioting for food
- Train armies and Praetorians to protect your town from internal threats and the barbarian hordes
- Free building mode allows players to experiment with city designs on multiple maps with no mission requirements to complete
- A non-linear campaign with over 30 missions in 11 historical towns across Europe
- A Campaign mode featuring a variety of social, trade and military goals
- Challenge mode allows players to upload their high scores to an Internet server and compare their prowess against players from around the world
More articles about Glory of the Roman Empire