In the Night Watch universe, there are people among us who appear ordinary, but who are different; they call themselves "Others." These Others can channel magical power as devastating attacks and defenses. Those who support the forces of light are known as the Night Watch, while those that fight on the side of darkness are the Day Watch. These two sides have been locked in an epic battle with the common hope of one ultimately claiming a decisive victory and a right to rule the world.
Developed by Nival Interactive, the studio that created the critically acclaimed Blitzkrieg and Silent Storm series, Night Watch will ask players to take on the role of a recently initiated Other as he strives to comprehend the mystical powers he has recently discovered, and to make sense of the role he plays in this epic struggle that could very well determine the future of mankind.
- Using the incredibly powerful and popular Silent Storm engine, Night Watch offers gamers a tactical RPG experience second to none
- An exciting storyline based on the top-grossing Russian film of the same name.
- Three character archetypes; Mage, Shapeshifter and Enchanter, each with its own special abilities. Mages cast powerful spells, Shapeshifters transform into animals of great strength and speed while Enchanters can turn normal items into objects of incredible magical power.
- A detailed RPG system with a fully developed skill tree allows the player's character to gain experience and increase their powers; from magical prowess to combat effectiveness.
- 70 dazzling spells and magical abilities allow for tactical diversity in gameplay
- Stepping into the twilight - characters in the game may step into the twilight, a special spirit realm that increases tactical advantages to those within it
- Team elements let players choose which character is best for the current mission
- Destructible environments expand the tactical options available to players, turning the environment into a defensive feature one moment, and an offensive weapon the next.
Night Watch is set to ship on June 26, 2006.
More articles about Night Watch