This patch (1007) combines bug fixes, performance enhancements, updates requested by the community and 2 new weapons. Here is a quick summary of the content:
- Added the MP41 submachine gun for the Germans and the M44 rifle, with permanent bayonet, for the Soviets
- Added the French localization files and updated the German
- Added base code for flying and hover vehicles into the engine for mod teams
- BA64 physics changed so the vehicle is more stable
- Tweaked armor and penetration values for the Tiger, T-60 and SU-76, as well as increasing the power of the Tiger’s 88mm main gun
- Significant file size reductions made to speed up map loading
- Numerous bug-fixes, including the “gray sniper scope”, incorrect tank penetration detection, firing blanks, melee bug on Soviet SMGs and a grenade fuse bug
- Numerous map changes, optimizations and improvements
The full changelog can be found on the game forums, from our front page at www.redorchestragame.com.
An important note to all Server admins: servers must be updated when this patch is released. Client compatibility had to be broken for this patch due to the major changes to game content files for optimization. Please update your server using the HLDS update tool.
Information on how this is done can also be found via our front page at www.redorchestragame.com.
More articles about Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45