Since it's original release in the fall of last year, Valve has introduced a number of new features, missions, and enhancements for the game - following in the company's long tradition of ongoing development for its online properties. Below is a summary of the new missions and features added to Day of Defeat: Source since the initial launch:
New Missions Added:
- Colmar (June 2006) -- Set in Northern France, Colmar introduces Day of Defeat's Detonation style of gameplay. Marred with cold weather conditions, Colmar's Detonation objectives drive successful teams to attack target areas in unison.
- Jagd (June 2006) - Jagd challenges to teams to a more advanced urban Detonation mission, one that most be completed in a limited amount of time and is therefore unforgiving to unorganized offensive attacks.
- Kalt (February 2006) - The narrow city streets, wheelhouse, and center bridge on which Kalt is fought challenges Axis and Allied forces to disperse and hold multiple points. As such, surging attacks and sudden changes in momentum may be common.
- Argentan (January 2006) - The first new mission introduced after the initial launch of Day of Defeat: Source is set alongside the rolling hills of a French trainway. It's hillsides and country structures provide the setting for punishing sniper and machine gunner stand offs.
- Color Correction
- Film grain
- New Shaders
- Image-based texture blending
- Light warping
- Phong Shading/Rim Lighting on player models
- Improved Animations
- Support for Bloom on DX8 level GPUs
- Prop Vertex Lighting
- Engine Optimizations
- Spawn Clip adjustments
- Improved Hit location detection
- Weapon balancing
- Detonation Gameplay Introduced
- Player Statistics