The Paradox development team has been working on the game and its new engine for close to twelve months and the game will carry the characteristic trademarks of Paradox Grand Strategy titles: immense depth and historical content paired with challenging gameplay and replayability value. At the same time focus has been put on making it easier for casual strategy fans to get into this game.
The Europa Universalis series put Paradox Interactive on the map as a global developer and has been awarded with Editor Choice Awards by sites like IGN, Strategy Gaming Online and Firing Squad.
"The EU franchise is one of our most successful brands and this production is the biggest one so far in our company's history," said Fredrik W Lindgren, Director of Publishing at Paradox Interactive. "Europa Universalis III is sure to bring more fans to the genre while existing fans will be pleasantly surprised by our vision and execution of the game".
- Players can enjoy over 300 years of gameplay by starting at ANY date between 1453 and 1789.
- Nation building is flexible: decide your own form of government, the structure of your society, trade politics and much more. The possibilities are endless.
- The great people and personalities of the past are on hand to support you. Take history in your hands and call personalities like Sir Isaac Newton, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart or René Descartes to your court.
- A lush topographic map in full 3D allows for a rich and complete world view, and contains more than 1700 provinces and sea zones.
- Lead any one of more than 250 countries that originally existed during the game's extensive time span.
- Have more than a thousand historical leaders and over 4000 historical Monarchs at your disposal.
- Manage more than 100 individual unit troops to secure as much power as possible.
- Co-operative multiplayer mode allows several players to work together to control a single nation.
- Customize your game: Europa Universalis III gives you the chance to customize and mod practically anything your heart may desire. Join the constantly growing and incredibly talented Paradox modding community!
Europa Universalis III is scheduled for a worldwide release in Q1 2007.
More articles about Europa Universalis III