Naruto: Ultimate Ninja (PS2)
This intense fighting game is based on the hit anime series, SHONEN JUMP's Naruto, from VIZ Media airing on the Cartoon Network. Aspiring ninjas can now compete in fierce hand-to-hand combat or use deadly ranged weapons in order to become the greatest ninja of all. With multiple game modes, unique 2-D interactive stages and incredible multi-level super attacks, "Naruto: Ultimate Ninja" provides an intense fighting experience that will test any gamer's chakra.
"In the wake of the tremendous success of Naruto manga, anime and merchandise in the U.S., Naruto: Ultimate Ninja is set to thrill fans and gamers alike for the first time on the PlayStation 2," said Naruo Uchida, Namco Bandai Games America Inc.'s Product Group Director said. "Naruto: Ultimate Ninja truly brings the exciting series to life with meticulously re-created characters engaged in fierce ninjutsu combat."
"Naruto: Ultimate Ninja" features blazing single and multiplayer ninja battles that bring the colorful series to life. Fans can play as their favorite characters including Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Rock Lee, Shikamaru, Kakashi and more, and can summon support characters for super attacks and special items. With fighting moves based on the animation series, a variety of ninja fighting techniques are at player's disposal, including ranged weapon attacks and close combat moves. When the timing is right, players also have the ability to switch stages mid-combat, with 12 interactive stages based on the hit series available to choose from. "Naruto: Ultimate Ninja's" array of game modes allows players to follow their favorite character's storyline, accomplish specific missions or battle it out against a friend. Secret characters, movies and other unlockable features further immerse fans in the ultimate Naruto experience!
Developed by CyberConnect 2, known for the .hack series, "Naruto: Ultimate Ninja" is rated "T" for Teen by the ESRB.
Night Watch (PC)
In the Night Watch universe, there are people among us who appear ordinary, but who are different; they call themselves "Others." These Others can channel magical power as devastating attacks and defenses. Those who support the forces of light are known as the Night Watch, while those that fight on the side of darkness are the Day Watch. These two sides have been locked in an epic battle with the common hope of one ultimately claiming a decisive victory and a right to rule the world.
Developed by Nival Interactive, the studio that created the critically acclaimed Blitzkrieg and Silent Storm series, Night Watch will ask players to take on the role of a recently initiated Other as he strives to comprehend the mystical powers he has recently discovered, and to make sense of the role he plays in this epic struggle that could very well determine the future of mankind.
- Developed by Nival Interactive, the studio that created the critically acclaimed Blitzkrieg and Silent Storm series, Night Watch will ask players to take on the role of a recently initiated Other as he strives to comprehend the mystical powers he has recently discovered, and to make sense of the role he plays in this epic struggle that could very well determine the future of mankind.
- Using the incredibly powerful and popular Silent Storm engine, Night Watch offers gamers a tactical RPG experience second to none
- An exciting storyline based on the top-grossing Russian film of the same name.
- Three character archetypes; Mage, Shapeshifter and Enchanter, each with its own special abilities. Mages cast powerful spells, Shapeshifters transform into animals of great strength and speed while Enchanters can turn normal items into objects of incredible magical power.
- A detailed RPG system with a fully developed skill tree allows the player's character to gain experience and increase their powers; from magical prowess to combat effectiveness.
70 dazzling spells and magical abilities allow for tactical diversity in gameplay
- Stepping into the twilight - characters in the game may step into the twilight, a special spirit realm that increases tactical advantages to those within it
- Team elements let players choose which character is best for the current mission
- Destructible environments expand the tactical options available to players, turning the environment into a defensive feature one moment, and an offensive weapon the next.