This patch is all inclusive and can be applied to any previous game version, v1.0 or v1.01. Please see below for important save game compatablity info before patching.
SAVE GAME COMPATABILITY NOTICE
The v1.02 patch is NOT compatible with save games from the the original v1.0 version of the game. If you have v1.0 games in progress, please finish them before patching.
The v1.02 patch IS compatible with save games from v1.01 though and you do not need to do anything special to continue to play them after applying this patch.
NOTE ABOUT CUSTOM CAMPAIGNS AND GAME MODS
Prior to installing this patch over your current files, use the Export Data feature to save all of your existing data for a custom campaign(s). We suggest you also zip up all of your custom files just in case so you can go back to them if necessary and rename your custom campaign as campaign_old. You should also rename your templates directory to templates_old so you can check for changes.
Once you've followed the steps above apply the patch and then do the following:
1) Open a new campaign using File->New
2) Set the new campaign map size to match the map size of your previous pre patch campaign.
3) Select File->Import and select the folder for the campaign in which you would like to import data files from. If you do not have the correct map size the Editor will inform you and you can then repeat step 2)
4) At this point, select Save and select the name of the older campaign you wish to update. This assumes you still have the original 'Campaigns' folder intact with the pre patch campaigns and subfolders. For example, let's say you had a file called '1939 Fall Weiss Custom'. Simply select this file when you are going to save.
WARNING: It will ask you if you would like to overwrite the scripts. Make sure you click "NO".
NOTE: If you click "YES" it will overwrite the existing scripts with the Template scripts. If you click "NO" it will use the existing scripts which is what you want here.
v1.02 Patch Notes
GAME ENGINE CHANGES
- Fixed an issue with garrisoned AI units attacking across rivers at high casualty rates, now they are more likely to sit tight
- Fixed an issue with AI plans not being properly re-assessed between pre-activation and full-activation - Fixed a bug where UNIT scripts were not applied to inactive and non-neutral majors
- Fixed a 2-D unit bug that caused game crashes introduced in the v1.01 patch (Edwin, Acras)
- Fixed a bug related to FoW and the right click popup menu (Blashy)
- Fixed an error where the Baltic States (if previously surrendered to the Axis) would switch sides once the USSR was DoW'd upon (Blashy)
- Fixed a reloading bug that accelerated naval loop arrivals (ChildeRoland)
- Fixed a unit sprite error wrt upgrades, i.e. units were sometimes not shown with the proper level sprite (Blashy, Normal Dude)
- Fixed an amphibious assault bug, now landings are more closely related to the number of units within range of the ideal unload position
EDITOR RELATED CHANGES
- Added in Dniester river (USSR)
- Fixed the Rockets level bug (Kuniworth)
- Various AI script enhancements/corrections
- Fixed a Country Data dialog error (John Hugo)
More articles about Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg