PLEASE NOTE: THESE ARE ONLY PATCHES FOR THE CD VERSION, IF YOU HAVE THE DIRECT DOWNLOAD VERSION YOU WILL HAVE TO GO TO THE DOWNLOAD SITE/APP AND GET YOUR PATCH FROM THERE.
a. Added a new walk command for modders if they want to use this capability on their toolbar mods.
b. The following commands are now supported in Open Play ini files:
The TimeOfDay command allows you to change the appearance of the sky in Open Play to day, dawn/dusk, or night (TimeOfDay=0, 1, or 2 respectively). If you don’t want your commander to die during game play, then use the CantKillMe command. If you want to try out the Headquarters in the Saddle (HITS) mode of play, then use CommandHeight=10 and CommandRadius=5. This will restrict your view to what your commander could actually see "from the saddle" during Open Play. If you want to try out any of these new commands, make the appropriate entries in all of the ini files contained in the Open Play folder of the main game directory. The appropriate one will be copied to level.ini before an Open Play scenario starts and these commands will affect game play as outlined above.
The following fixes were applied in this patch:
1. Corrected improper grammar in scenario End Screen messages.
2. Corrected typo on Open Play screen.
3. Fixed Highlight strings on the OB page that were not being translated.
4. Scenario End Screen score and text now displays correctly.
5. Fixed issue with scenario End Screen disappearing and causing scenarios to appear as if they would never end.
6. Fixed Pause game bug - esc key still opening toolbar menu.
7. Moved the location of the completed objective ‘X’ on the officer’s popup display.
8. Fixed Map Modding - modified csv, dds, and tga map files can now be read from a Custom Scenario folder.
9. Fixed Open Play VP clock countdown on the mini map.
10. Added new Compass graphic with larger direction arrow so it is easier to see and use.
11. Enhanced button highlights for the Confederates so they are easier to see.
12. Changed double quick buttons; the Arun highlight has been removed as it was confusing to many players.
13. Changed the Arun command to not be a toggle between run and walk. The run command will now only run and will not toggle to walk.
14. Added missing low res flag graphic that showed up during game play as white block.
15. Fixed incorrect artillery graphic in the 2M Open Play OB.
16. Fixed issue with Wavering troops not retreating.
17. Fixed issue with Broken Prone troops not retreating when required to do so.
18. Fixed issue with charging units not completing their charge.
19. Reduced the likelihood of cavalry retreating after suffering casualties.
20. Fixed issue with cavalry commanders falling behind their units.
21. Fixed issue with dismounted cavalry that did not appear to be firing or repositioning even with status showing as 'engaged' and with valid targets in range.
22. Fixed artillery units not resupplying when out of canister ammunition.
23. Fixed No Retreat when out of ammo.
24. Fixed a unit drawing issue that was caused by units popping in and out of line of sight.
25. All scenarios now provide the player the opportunity to gain sufficient points for promotions.
26. Fixed scenario SM12 - 29 Aug - Pender (C_Brig); Confederate AI Commanders will no longer "steal" VPs from Player.
27. Fixed issue with carryover strengths not adding up correctly due to the presence of "hidden units" in some scenarios.
This patch fixes the hideous error on the German version that makes the text unreadable on some video cards. We apologize to all German purchasers for this bug. I hope that this will not keep you from enjoying our games. We want to extend a large amount of thanks to Mario Derwand who worked very closely with us to make sure that the German version was fixed. We also want to thank David Hawken for proving to us that there actually was an artillery capture bug.
Here's the list of fixes:
1. Jackson sprite in Gibbon scenario was replaced with proper Jackson specific sprite.
2. Fixed bug in German version where the text color was transparent. If you still have this problem, make sure that you have the latest version of DirectX 9C installed.
3. Fixed an error where you could not specify which type of ammunition for your artillery to use.
4. Fixed the English Version of the Division Tutorial, sometime the units would not react based on the player's actions.
5. Fixed the English Bug where the game would hang if you chose a grayed out carryover scenario on the battles screen and then hit the check mark.
6. Added early win conditions to the scenarios so that you don't have to wait around if you've beaten the scenario early.
7. Fixed a bug where the Cavalry Brigade Officer marched slower than the rest of his regiment.
8. Fixed a bug where arty could not be captured if all of the Division's Arty Officers were detached.
9. Fixed typo in OOB's. Augur is listed as CO of 2nd Div (II Corps, AoV) in units.csv but shows up as CO 3rd Division in game.
10. Removed some csv files from the scenario mmg files. This will allow more modifications to make their way into our stock scenarios accessed through the Battles screens. Your toolbar, sound, and sprites modifications will now be present in our scenarios.
11. Switch 28th Mass to use Irish Flag.
12. Added 2nd Florida to the 2nd Manassas Open Play OOB.
We also threw in the ability to change resolution, it's not perfect, so we don't officially support it. But since we could do it and people wanted it, there was no reason not to have it.
More articles about Take Command: 2nd Manassas