Inspired in part by the great naval paintings of that era, Salvo has been designed from the keel up to provide an engrossing gameplay experience that allows armchair master and commanders to effortlessly face off against mighty armadas using a very intuitive interface. Players will be able to command fleets of close to sixty ships per side in a single battle with just a few clicks of the mouse, thanks to the unique 'Action Marker' system found in the game. With this system orders can be given to each individual ship in a scenario, or ships can be moved by squadron, allowing large scale engagements to be easily managed.
The Salvo 1.5 update provides added functionality and new features, including:
- Macromedia Crash Fixed
- Damage Adjustment
- Play Fixes
- Added PBEM Function
- Added HotSeat Function
- New HotKeys
- Added Movement Undo Function
- Fix: Fog Crash. (Macromedia error message) Scenarios with limited visibility due to fog no longer crash.
- Fix: Inconsistent Anchoring. Anchored ships will now remain anchored provided tha they are set to 'User' control mode.
- Fix: Crew Allocation and Reports. Crew allocation and crew report is now accurate.
- Fix: No gun crews. Zero crew allocated to guns will prevent the vessel from shooting, provided that both the starboard and port batteries have no crew.
- Fix: Range '11' Combat Marker. The range 11 combat marker will not reoccur.
- Fix: Spanish Flag. The Spanish flag graphic has been significantly improved.
- Fix: Exit Buttons Behavior. Incorrect behavior from the main screen exit buttons has been fixed.
- Fix: Damage Adjustment. Damage received is now more likely to cause a fire, and more likely to cause the vessle to explode. For best results, also increase the damage level in settings.
- New: Movement Undo. Pressing the 'U' key will undo the last ship movement.
- New: Attack Flag. The combat messsage for the firing ship now also displays the firing ship's country flag. This provides better recognition of what is going on during combat.
- New: Cancel Button In Battle Report. A cancel button now allows for better viewing of the end of action battle report.
- New: Hotseat Play. Play against your local friends by taking alternate turns on the same computer.
- New: PBEM. Play against opponents anywhere in the world by exchange Salvo! Battle files by email.
- New: 2 New Tutorials. Two new tutorials in Salvo 1.5's 'Help' screen provide information on all new features and also the Battle Generator and Tweaker
More articles about Salvo!