CivCity: Rome (PC)
From gladiator fights to chariot races, CivCity: Rome is the most detailed depiction of Roman life ever created, allowing the player to build Rome from a small settlement on the banks of the Tiber River to evolve into the most glorious city in the ancient world.
Created for 2K by Firefly Studios in collaboration with Firaxis Games, CivCity: Rome invites players to focus on the great cities of the Roman Empire, and culminates in Rome itself. Through dozens of missions, each offering an array of interesting decisions, players will be charged with building, nurturing and managing one of these great cities as they endeavor to lead the Roman Empire from its humble beginnings to its mighty apogee. Features players have enjoyed in the Sid Meier's Civilization series, like research, city happiness, production and culture, can now be managed actively in the wonderfully immersive world of CivCity: Rome.
"Firefly Studios and Firaxis Games have delivered a truly remarkable game," said Christoph Hartmann, President, 2K. "With design influences from the Civilization series, CivCity: Rome gets in even closer, allowing players to take the roofs off buildings and see how their choices affect the tens of thousands of families of ancient Rome."
"It has been a pleasure working with Firaxis and the 'experiment' has been a complete success," said Simon Bradbury, Lead Designer, Firefly Studios. "CivCity: Rome is a real evolution in city builders."
"We're very proud to have been a part of the making of CivCity: Rome," said Steve Martin, President, Firaxis Games. "Firefly Studios is clearly a top notch developer and it was a privilege to collaborate with them on such a terrific title."
- For the first time in a city builder you can look inside the Villas, the forums, and even the Roman baths! Discover, in much greater detail, how Romans went about their daily lives.
- More than 70 technologies can be developed over time to give your city a strategic advantage. Use the rich research tree to improve many aspects of your city and its relation to the wider empire.
- Do they thrive and prosper from humble hut to noble palace as they move through the generations... or not? Well, that's your call!
- Driven purely by building placement and strong visual feedback, the game lets you create your own living community simply by choosing and placing the wide variety of buildings.
- An intriguing array of characters will interact with you and bring high drama to your city with their emotions, state of health, and candid feelings about the city. There will even be famous Romans in the city who will comment on and present new challenges for you.
- Influence the direction of your city by building spectacular monuments. Production of these trophy buildings will give your city big advantages and look great too!
- This is your Rome, so customize your city the way you see fit! With hundreds of buildings to place, this game offers more options than any other city building game.
- Gladiatorial combat, debates in the senate, chariot races, temple ceremonies...just a few of the many riveting scenes that will engage and entertain players throughout the game.
CivCity: Rome for the PC is rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and older by the ESRB.
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords (PC)
With eight new scenarios including some exciting franchise firsts, Warlords will deliver even more great gameplay to the millions of fans around the globe who purchased and embraced Civilization IV.
Paying homage to some of history's greatest military leaders, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords delivers eight unique and interesting scenarios, giving players the chance to change the course of history with the help of their powerful new "warlord" unit. Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords includes new civilizations, leaders, units, resources and wonders that offer even more fun and exciting ways for players to expand their civilization's military power as they strive for world domination.
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords adds new twists and challenges to some of the most creative scenarios in the series. In the Omens scenario, Great Britain and France race to settle North America at any cost, while the Barbarians scenario allows players to take control of ruthless hordes of warriors. With these brutal Barbarians under your control, your goal is to conquer all other civilizations on the map by decimating their armies, looting the cities and burning them to the ground.
"The Sid Meier's Civilization franchise is recognized as one of the most successful PC series of all time," said Christoph Hartmann, President, 2K. "Warlords empowers players to take the roles of Augustus Caesar, Winston Churchill, and even Genghis Khan as they take advantage of all scenarios, civilizations and units."
"Our team has had an incredible amount of fun creating the Warlords expansion pack," said Steve Martin, President of Firaxis. "The Civilization franchise is very close to our hearts, and we never seem to run out of new ideas for this epic game," he added.
- A new great person type called the Warlord.
- Conquer an enemy and subjugate them to your rule.
- The expansion delivers eight new scenarios.
- The pack will provide six new civilizations and associated unique units.
- Ten new leaders, including leaders for the new civilizations as well as additional leaders for existing civilizations.
- Three new leader traits.
- Three new wonders.
- Each civilization includes a new unique building as well as their unique unit.
- Many new items are presented throughout the scenarios.
- Expanded features and gameplay tweaks are made to the core game.
- The pack contains all of the patches and game additions (Pit Boss, etc.) released to date for Sid Meier's Civilization IV.
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords will require the full version of Sid Meier's Civilization IV and is rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and older by the ESRB.