Centuries have passed since the intergalactic war. Since then, the races within the known universe have lived more or less in peace with each other. The Great Council watches over the peace and the power of the empires. However, a race from the edge of the universe called the 'Thul' frequently violates this peace.
Kayron Jarvis is a young fighter pilot and the player's alter ego. For better or for worse, Kayron's life is about to take an unexpected twist of fate. At the helm of the advanced 'DarkStar One' spacecraft, Kayron's flight path soon veers from stone-cold vengeance to inescapable destiny.
DarkStar One, lauded as “the best game of its kind” by key North American media, is an open-ended action/adventure title set in a huge universe populated by a variety of unique alien races. Players will take on the role of an intrepid young adventurer, Kayron Jarvis, as he explores space, upgrading and customizing his ship – the DarkStar One. The game's story, written by renowned German Fantasy and Science Fiction author Claudia Kern, will immerse players in a tale of action and intrigue as Kayron searches for answers surrounding the death of his father.
The Most Important Features:
- Elaborate story, related by more than fifty minutes of video sequences
- Upgradeable space ship "Darkstar One": The player decides which type of spacecraft he prefers - a fast attack ship with many light weapons or a near-invincible cruiser with heavy weaponry
- Over two hundred different weapons, shields and equipment items
- Rockets, torpedoes and mines feature special tactical uses: mines can tactically fire at opponents or distract approaching missiles
- The "Spell Weapon": the player will have a special weapon at his disposal that will have an area of effect similar to certain spells in role-playing games. This weapon will become increasingly versatile throughout the game and it will increase the tactical potential considerably.
- A vast, simulated universe with numerous, completely different races, space ships and battle tactics.
- Each race features distinctive weapon types with different functions that require different battle tactics. The player will be able to acquire these weapons in order to mount them on the "Darkstar One".
Special missions, for example in canyons, on the surface of planets or inside of planets
- Freedom of choice: the player may earn his credits in many ways, i.e. fighting, piracy, assignments, smuggling, trading, escorting, transporting, rewards ...
- The player may act as the "good" or the "bad" guy and he will be able to take advantage of political disputes.
More articles about Darkstar One