Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter version 1.20
- A serious timing issue that could cause servers to crash or lock up on map rotation after a 7-10 hour idle period has been fixed.
- Increased the grace period for anticheat to receive a reply from the client.
- Fixed crash where AI snipers would crash the game when noticing vehicles.
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter version 1.16
Last minute additions
- Shortened the delay between shots in semiautomatic on most weapons.
- Switched the grenade sights with a more appropriate one.
Use the short line when targets are of that relative size, use the larger line when targets are closer, and use the small line to aim when you fire(in an arch) at far away targets.
- Hostile AI will notice dead friends up to 30 meters. This was previously too short at 6 meters.
- Game mode Deathmatch added.
A new gametype Deathmatch(DM) has been added to the game, along with 3 new DM maps.
- New coop missions.
Missions 1, 5 and 9 have been updated to work in Coop mode. You can now enjoy the full campaign in multiplayer.
- Server interface revamped.
Numerous new server options are now availiable:
Start match conditions ("All slots full", "All players are ready", "one player on each side is ready", and "server is ready").
Tactical points can be disabled.
Any player joining a spawn limited server will only have as many spawns as the player with the least left, or 0 if the match has only 1 spawn.
Players on a spawn limited server will be spawned automatically into the game after 60 seconds.
A "Immortality at respawn" option has been added, and it can be from 1 to 10 seconds.
- Statistics screen for Domination has been updated.
It now contains better overall match statistics, round statistics and keeps stats from round to round(for the duration of the match).
You can now see the current match scores and time remaining in the ingame status screen, default "Tab" key.
- Weapon kits are now availiable.
At the bottom of the Inventory you can now find 4 default kits, fully customizeable. If a server is playing with the "Disabled tactical points" option, your selected kit will automatically be re-selected on every spawn.
- Better impact sensation.
Some new sounds have been added for when you're hit or when hitting others. When hit, your reticule will be nudged off center.
Character models have also been updated, so there's a generally larger area considered to be a "headshot". Weapons damage has also been updated, increasing the chance a single shot to the head will generate an instant kill.
- Colors have been added to chat window.
Your actions are represented by blue, while red is hostile activity. A yellow hue is used for status messages and chat is still white.
The chat window can now also be toggled in three modes, default key "u". Regular, transparent or hidden.
- Chat has been added to status screens.
- Chat Window now allows for more text in higher resolutions.
- A sticky leaning feature (enabled by default) has been added in the Game options.
- Primary weapon, secondary weapon, backpack, grenade launcher, frag grenade and smoke grenade can now be bound to hotkeys.
- Anti aliasing: Edge smoothing feature has been added to the graphics options.
- There's now a "Connecting to" dialog box when connecting to a server. This will display more information and possible error messages about why you cannot join a server.
- Custom context.xml files can now be loaded with a -o parameter on GRAW.exe.
- Screenshot button can now be bound from the Options screen. Default key "Ins".
- Anticheat server option has been added.
When enabled this feature will run certain checks to match the client with the server. Note that this will affect any users with modded files, including the main GRAW.exe. If you wish to play using modified files, make sure the server configuration matches your own, or you will not be able to play(this includes all files in the ./local/ directory).
- Editor has been added.
Grins own editor has been updated and is now released for public use. You can always reach the built-in help functions by pressing "F1". We've also included a basic tutorial document, which you can find in the "Support" directory where you installed GRAW.
After you've made your map, press "Escape" and then "Export" to prepare the map for the game. This will allow you to set some options like lightmaps and level quality. Please note that for large maps rendering these can take a very long time. Once the process has been completed, a file with your maps name and extension .bundle can be found in the custom_levels directory of GRAW. This .bundle file can then be distributed, and is the only result file you need to share. All players wanting to play your map must have a local copy of it.
- AI now correctly identifies mounted weapons and gun nests as threat.
- AI will now attack vehicles with soldiers that they can harm(including helicopters).
- AI will now always go into combat mode if being fired upon.
- AI teammates are more prone to seek lower covers. They will sit down instantly when taking fire.
- AI teammates will try to avoid running in front of you when you are shooting, if you are close enough.
- Changed statistics screen for coop to contain more information for all.
- Fixed a bug where you could get stuck in ghost cam when the coop mission ended.
- Fixed a bug where AI statistics were lost when a player respawned.
- You can now aim down while lying down(in prone) where it's natural to do so.
- Strafing after sprinting will no longer instantly bring up your gun.
- Removed a small delay before being able to run after reloading.
- Amount of grenades have been tuned in multiplayer.
- Rust pipes have been fixed.
- Updated some graphics objects to display correctly.
- Regular weapons can no longer blow up barrels.
- MP02(Warehouses) has been updated and some physics effects removed.
- Enemy markers now correctly appear on hostile tanks and helicopters.
- Fixed some minor crashes and bugs.
- Players can now correctly buy more ammo in MP.
- Weapons switch correctly syncronizes in MP.
- Fixed typo that caused the air condition sound to continue after being broken. (Thanks)
- General interface fixes.
- Game no longer crashes if you load a Domination map with no zones.
We'd like to thank the communities at GhostRecon.com and ghostrecon.net for their feedback and bug reports. Special thanks to Nemon for his bundle reader.
Ghost Recon Advancved Warfighter v1.10
- Please make sure you do not install the download version of the patch for the retail/box version of the game and vice versa.
- Please be aware that this patch will overwrite your key bindings. To avoid any issues with this you MUST do this and remap your keys through the game interface.
- Numerous HUD fixes to prevent issues with cameras, inventory screens and resupply.
- Animation and lighting fixes for various objects.
- Fixed general synchronization problems in Cooperative and Domination modes.
- Destructible objects are correctly reset when restarting rounds in multiplayer.
- Issues causing user disconnects in multiplayer have been found and fixed.
- You can no longer remain invisible and kill players using grenades.
- Fixed crash that could occur after restarting rounds on Avenues map.
- Player can no longer spawn dead or remain living when the round restarts.
- Zone glitches on two multiplayer maps corrected.
- Game no longer crashes while attempting to open inventory out of Dom zone.
- Helicopters will no longer fall down in certain situations.
- Cooperative objective waypoints correctly appear after spawning into an AI ghost.
- Domination statistics have been adjusted.
- GRAW will no longer run as process priority "High", resolving keyboard problems.
- Coop players can now see status of others in inventory. Gray means loading, yellow is not ready, green means good to go.
- You no longer have to press "Enter" to confirm input in the multiplayer interface. This should fix certain issues users were having with Gamespy login.
- In game chat can now be toggled to be visible or not. Default key for this is "u". You will still receive chat messages when this is hidden.
- Key bindings added for CrossCom actions. It is now possible to reassign the CrossCom previous and next buttons through the game interface. This change will resolve the issue for users with no mouse wheel.
- Landscape meshes for levels tuned and updated for better AGEIA performance.
- Performance increase on bullet hit particles.
- Some stalls have been removed.
- A bug that caused zero vertices in baked fluid meshes has been fixed.
- A bug that caused the rigid bodies from a hand grenade explosion to fall through the ground has been fixed.
- A faster rendering mode has been added for debris particles.
- PhysX effects modified to use the faster rendering mode.
Ghost Recon Advancved Warfighter v1.06
- Client no longer receives "CD key rejected" message when server dies in coop.
- Crosscom border now correctly disappears when spawning into AI ghost in coop.
- Fixed issues with leaving mission area in coop.
- Fixed in-mission inventory issues that could cause double gun objects.
- Player nicknames are now correctly shortened to fit Ghost leader HUD in coop.
- A memory leak occurring in certain situations when playing Domination has been sealed.
- Ghost AI is now less likely to stare at the walls when taking cover.
- Adjusted map settings and glitches on missions 3, 4 and 10.
- Certain animations have been corrected.
- Adjusted sounds for certain objects.
- Some text strings have been added or corrected.
More articles about Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter