Developed by Russian developer Akella, the creators of Sea Dogs, Age of Sail II, and Pirates of the Caribbean, Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales invites players to experience all the swashbuckling excitement and reckless adventuring of a pirate's life on the Caribbean Sea during the 17th century.
"Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales is an exciting title to add to our PC line-up," said Rick Mehler, Director of Marketing, Atari, Inc. "Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales provides a deep role playing experience that encourages development of captain, crew, ships, towns, fighting abilities, weapons and more. With a chest full of features, Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales is a treasure of a game."
"With pieces of eight, wooden legs and parrots so very much in vogue at the moment, we're very pleased to be working with Playlogic to put this great title into the hands of piracy advocates across the globe," said Cyril Voiron, Marketing Director, Atari Europe. "Akella has a stunning record of producing excellent titles in this genre and with 'Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales' they will again deliver an exceptional and entertaining game, eye-patch not included."
"We are very excited to have found in ATARI our distribution partner for 'Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales,' the widely anticipated latest incarnation of this successful Pirate series," said Stefan Layer, Vice President and Chief Marketing & Sales Officer, Playlogic. "ATARI has an excellent worldwide distribution network, a highly motivated team and the right marketing approach. We are looking forward to working with them."
In Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales, players take the role of reckless fortune-hunter Blaze or alternatively his red-headed daredevil stepsister Beatrice, and sail the rough seas in a tall ship with a loyal crew of vicious cutthroats and fierce corsairs. As players navigate through the Caribbean Sea, they will encounter massive naval battles and sword fights, take on challenging quests, conquer and manage colonies, trade goods and plunder merchant convoys to make fortunes.
Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales features a wealth of gaming treasures such as 16 different sail ships, varying weather conditions, day and night cycles, multiplayer battles with up to 16 opponents and multiplayer modes including Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Defend the Convoy and Capture the Fort.
The game is scheduled for release for the Windows platform in September 2006.
- Live the life of a pirate, develop your skills, encounter fierce enemies and gain treasures and fame
- Fight epic naval battles with 16 different sailing ships and many upgrades
- Lead a squadron of up to four vessels to storm and capture enemy ships for glory
- Total freedom without plot constraints -- do as you please and face the consequences of your deeds
- Cope with different weather conditions and do battle with devastating storms in full day and night cycles
- Conquer and manage colonies, construct town buildings and improve your defenses
- Join multiplayer battles with up to 16 opponents in four multiplayer modes: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Defend the Convoy and Capture the Fort