Wage war on this four-player map and conquer the summit of Weathertop, where Aragorn and the Hobbits were attacked by the Ringwraiths and Frodo was stabbed with a Morgul blade. Whomever can claim and hold the summit of Weathertop will garner a huge advantage in reigning victorious on this ominous and dark map.
Argonath, also known as The Gates of the Argonath or The Pillars of the Kings, is the towering monument The Fellowship passes on the banks of the River Anduin. On the two-player map by the same name, these two enormous pillars creating a central battle line splitting the battlefield. Control this battle line and the Argonath Pillars will grant you victory.
Home to the corrupted Corsairs, evil and barbarous men following the dark forces of Sauron, Umbar, a two-player map, forms a natural harbor of enclosing rock, providing a perfect setting for intense naval battles and tight cornered combat. Conquer the sea and bombard your opponents’ base with naval artillery. If you flank him from the rear of his base, conquering the treacherously narrow land, you will claim victory at Umbar.
Based on the PC version of the same name, The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II for the Xbox 360 will bring players into the heart of Middle-earth to live the battles seen in the blockbuster New Line Cinema films and classic J.R.R. Tolkien literary fiction. The game boasts a new and intuitive console-specific control scheme that will allow novice players to enjoy the game's signature strategy gameplay while giving expert players the flexibility needed to engage in a deeply complex strategy experience. Players will directly control hundreds of units in an attempt to defeat enemy armies, conquer new lands, and seal the fate of Middle-earth.
- The Middle-earth you have never seen brought to life on the Xbox 360! The unification of the book and film rights have unlocked a world of Middle-earth – new races, places, heroes, and battles from the books and films are yours to command.
- Command the most epic battles of Middle-earth from your living room couch. Directly control and manage hundreds of units and engage in intense, action-packed real-time battles.
- Challenge friends online and battle it out via Xbox LIVE. The game features exclusive new multiplayer games including King of the Hill, Capture and Hold, and Hero versus Hero.
- First The Lord of the Rings strategy game for any console system and first game in The Lord of the Rings series for the Xbox 360.
- New and intuitive console-specific control scheme that makes it possible to experience and enjoy the strategy genre on the Xbox 360.
- Customize fortresses or choose to build anywhere! Craft your own landmark castle and create signature units including naval ships or Elven and Dwarven heroes.
- Hugo Weaving reprises his role as Lord Elrond lending his voice and likeness to the game. Weaving offers the game's overarching tone by guiding players in and out of each good and evil mission within the single player campaigns.
More articles about The Battle for Middle-earth II