Pirates! Set sail! Weigh anchors! Depart for the Grand Line, where battles and adventure await! One Piece, the popular comic and anime series featured in Shonen Jump, 4KidsTV and Cartoon Network, comes back to the console world with One Piece: Grand Adventure for the PlayStation 2 and GameCube. The series features Monkey D. Luffy as an aspiring pirate searching for One Piece, the legendary treasure of The Pirate King Gold Roger.
One Piece: Grand Adventure brings back the fun and excitement of the free-moving Vs. Battle action from past One Piece games with exciting new twists. The game also has been completely revamped with the inclusion of an engrossing Adventure Mode, sending players on mini-game filled quests for extended replayability. With the latest main and support characters, new moves, and stages, this is the ultimate One Piece game!
Create ruthless pirate gangs by teaming up with the likes of Chaser and Buggy the Clown, and search for treasure in over 20 ocean maps. Players can chose from 24 main characters, and with 50 more supporting characters waiting to be found, "One Piece: Grand Adventure" is sure to bring hours of chaotic pirate battles, adventures, and more.
Monkey D. Luffy and his Strawhat Crew probably wouldn't be the same without all the little people who helped or deterred on their way to the top. This brawling, fighting action title features 24 main characters and near 50 support characters with unique characteristics sailing over 20 ocean maps and offers more gameplay modes and mini-games than the original.
- Shake hands with Karoo, a Spotbilled Duck and Nefeltari Vivi's loyal companion. Players can summon Karoo and ride him across the stage. If players jump or are knocked off Karoo, he will continue to chase after opponents.
- Exchange pleasantries with Dr. Kureha, a skilled yet abrasive, physician. She mentors Tony Tony Chopper in the art of medicine. Dr. Kureha throws bottles of chemicals at opponents from a distance.
- Rub elbows with Johnny, a close friend of Roronoa Zolo. Johnny relentlessly pursues opponents across the stage and attacks them at close range.
- Discuss current events with Zeff, a former pirate and head chef of restaurant Baratie. He is a mentor to Sanji in the culinary arts. Zeff attacks opponents by jumping into the air and striking down on opponents when they least expect it.
- Fight head-to-head against Arlong to help Nami free her village at Arlong Park, but beware of the dangerous water pitfalls and the destructive Sea Cow that may be lurking right around the corner
- Square off against Sanji and Don Kriegg on the Baratie, a popular, floating restaurant ship. Watch your step however; the shark infested waters down below may prove deadly
- Keep your vertigo in check on Drum Castle, located dangerously high up on mountains. One wrong step can send you careening off the castle roof
- Face off in scenic Fuusha Village with windmills, wooden fences, grassy lands, while avoiding a rampaging mad cow
- Engage in a true test of skill in Holyland Maryjoie. This elevated platform in a city square features pillars that shake when struck and numerous items that players must utilize to ensure victory. Expect a shipload of mayhem on the Pirate ship where players must battle while avoiding cannon balls and axes thrown by giants.
- Stay alert in Rogue town, where crafty rogues move the walls of the arena in every direction, forcing players to dodge laser beams and adapt to the ever-changing battle ground.
These environments provide players with exciting dynamic arenas where unsuspecting pirates will find interactive environments, booby traps and danger waiting for them every step of the way.
Published by NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe and distributed by Atari, One Piece: Grand Adventure for PlayStation 2 is scheduled for release at Christmas 2006.