With the ability for thousands of gamers to play simultaneously, Test Drive Unlimited is M.O.O.R.: Massively Open Online Racing. This is a truly unprecedented experience for racing gamers and is the ultimate automotive experience for car enthusiasts. Once in the game, players can visit the most sophisticated car dealers to purchase new vehicles or simply take them for a spin. Gamers can then participate in 16 player races or take vehicles for a drive on over 1000 miles of diverse Hawaiian roads and pass by thousands of other real players. Further, players can collect and trade rare performance parts and customize each vehicle to make it one-of-a-kind. Finally, gamers win races, challenges, missions and tournaments to earn credits and purchase new cars, rare performance parts, clothes, apparel, homes and garages.
This week’s Test Drive Unlimited car reveal needs little introduction as car enthusiasts around the world recognize it as a symbol of sophistication and style. But when we drop the Jaguar onto the island of Oahu, you’d better fasten your seatbelt because you are in for one wild ride.
Jaguar automobiles have a rich history of sporting performance and gorgeous appearance. Their ability to race with the world’s best cars has been proven several times with wins at such prestigious events as the Monte Carlo Rally and seven victories at the legendary Le Mans 24 Hours races. The sleek and sexy designs of Jaguar’s cars have made them a favorite in pop culture. They have been featured in countless films and music videos, and have been driven by everyone from Sting to Austin Powers to British Prime Minister Tony Blair. If you want to cruise through Oahu with style and flair, you’ll want to go with a Jaguar.
Jaguar XK Coupe
From the legendary XK120 that introduced the XK name to the roads – and thousands of owners to the delights of the Jaguar marque, the unveiling of the all new XK Coupe in 2005 marked the beginning of an exciting new era for Jaguar.
The new XK is powered by the latest generation naturally aspirated 4.2 litre Jaguar AJ-V8 engine, that produces 300bhp, a 0 to 60 mph acceleration of 5.9 seconds and a top speed of 155mph (electronically limited.) The new Jaguar Sequential Shift 6-speed automatic transmission system incorporates steering wheel-mounted paddles for manual gear changes.
Once you get behind the wheel, enjoy the spacious, elegant cabin exemplifying British craftsmanship, luxury and quality. If you really want to mop up the competition with style, look no further than Jaguar's new XK's.
Jaguar XK Convertible
First seen at the Detroit Motor Show in January this year, the XK Convertible was designed in parallel with the Coupe as a model in its own right. A 300bhp, 4.2-litre V8 engine and Jaguar Sequential Shift steering-wheel-mounted gear change controls ensure rapid performance of 0-60mph in just 6.0 seconds and again an electronically limited top speed of 155mph.
The all-new Coupe and Convertible Jaguar XK are the first of a new generation of beautiful, fast Jaguars. The most technologically advanced Jaguars ever; they succeed the Jaguar XK range introduced in 1996.
This supercar is probably most known for holding the record for the highest top speed for a production car (213 mph) until that record was broken by the McLaren F1 in 1994. This car used a turbocharged V-6 engine that could produce 549 hp of maximum power and was the first Jaguar to use a V-6. A total of 281 XJ220s were created and it remains to this day one of the most sought after supercars around. See how fast you can get it up to on some of Oahu’s straighter roads.
The XKR is the supercharged variant of the previous classic XK with a 4.2 V8 400 hp engine.
Featured in the 2002 James Bond film 'Die another Day', this is a car that will thrill you on the track - six years on the XKR still raises levels of driving excitement, and performance.
- Test Drive Unlimited is redefining the racing genre online with M.O.O.R.: Massively Open Online Racing. It is the only game that allows for literally thousands of gamers to play within the same game world simultaneously. The seamless online connection offers unlimited new challenges, opponents and competitions as well as monthly additions of vehicles, aftermarket parts, clothes and apparel;
- More than 125 licensed vehicles from exclusive manufacturers including Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Mercedes, Saleen, Shelby, and Jaguar;
- Realistic vehicles: Amazing render quality and unrivalled interior details including full car functions such as radio, electric windows, horn, wipers and more;
- Personalization: Upgrade each car with options from the actual manufacturers’ catalog. Players create characters, buy new homes and garages, and tune and upgrade vehicles with aftermarket parts;
- Create challenges or races from more than 50 game rules and settings. Upload your created challenges online to become part of the player community;
- A gathering of communities: Players can create or join a club to talk, chat, trade, race or organize club-based competitions and tournaments;
- Simplified match making and division based rankings make this game the most comprehensive and accessible online racing experience.
More articles about Test Drive Unlimited