With this announcement of RACE - The WTCC Game, and the official game site, from now to be found at www.race-game.org, SimBin once again strengthens its position in the absolute top of the motor sport gaming industry. Based on WTCC, one of only three official FIA world championships alongside Formula 1 and WRC, the exclusive RACE franchise will brake through as a newcomer that without any hesitation is aiming straight for the top of the racing game genre.
RACE will feature the complete WTCC championship season of 2006; all the cars, drivers and locations and among these there are several official tracks and cars brand new to the racing game genre.
As RACE looks and feel we are both proud and also sure of the fact that this game will be a complete success which will strengthen WTCC as a brand and secure a broader base of fans for the cars and stars of our championship, Jaques Behar, KSO Chairman and Eurosport Managing Director comments.
The nature of WTCC, which is based on race tuned cars seen on the streets every day, and the tight sprint racing in a two-race format, guarantees the player more intensity and bumper to bumper action than found in any other racing game on the market, says Henrik Roos, CEO, SimBin.
- Recreating the WTCC races in a realistic way goes all the way to the two-race format of the real race weekends. This applies all through the game from quick race to race weekend.
The top eight finishers in the first race will switch places on the grid for the second race and the winner of the race session is the player who gathers the most combined points in the both races.
- With race sessions of only 2 X 20 minutes a lot of action is guaranteed, in this time all the competitors needs to fight their way to the podium and the AI is tough with a capital T.
- All cars are destructible in a highly realistic manner and will bend, crumble and break just like the real life counterparts. Loose parts such as wheels or body parts flying around can and will be damaging other cars on the track so you got to stay sharp when driving.
- Superb online with up to 26 players online, online touringcar racing has never been this good, upload your various game results to the global rankings and stay “King of the hill”.
- A close cooperation with Eurosport will assure that TV viewers of WTCC broadcasts will recognize themselves in the game and vice versa, but in this case as the star of the show, watch the replays in the game and see YOUR name on virtual Eurosport.
- First time in a SimBin title, RACE visually and through sounds simulates dirt, rubber and insects hitting the window of the car during a race. Luckily with fully functioning window wipers you can sweep away both rain and insects and will once again have a clear cockpit view. Stone chips can damage your windshield and decrease visibility as well.
- The weather will dynamically change during the race, creating exiting racing.
A very close collaboration with the organisation, car manufacturers, teams and drivers involved in the WTCC have provided SimBin with all the invaluable assets to make this production feasible. This covers all the data needed to be able to recreate the championship down to the smallest details on the cars, tracks and teams.
All in all RACE has been a new challenge for SimBin to recreate due to its major differences in style from previous games in SimBin's portfolio. Tomas Karlsson, COO, SimBin.
In cooperation with Eurosport, RACE will be assured a place in the store's front shelves as well as on TV through heavy, global marketing from Eurosport and SimBin. Stay tuned as more info and the release date of RACE will be announced on Games Convention in Leipzig on the 23rd of August.
Make sure to visit www.race-game.org for more information on this title.