Directly inspired by the upcoming animated film of the same name, Arthur and the Minimoys is currently in development for PS2, PSP, Nintendo DS, GBA, and the PC, and is planned for a simultaneous release with the film in January 2007. The game allows players to relive the fantastic adventures of young Arthur and his two pals, Selenia and Bétamèche, in their mission to save the Minimoys’ world from destruction. The game will incorporate filmmaker Luc Besson’s entire Minimoy universe and its tiny inhabitants with the richness and extraordinary visuals of the film.
‘Arthur and the Invisibles’ in a nutshell:
- Originally a four-volume literary adventure written by Luc Besson, with more than 950,000 books sold in France alone, and translations into over twenty different languages
- The film, in production in Europe for $85 million, is being distributed in the US by the Weinstein Company.
- A worldwide marketing budget of over $125 million is planned.
- The film uses three technologies (2D, 3D and real film footage) and a unique graphical style that is groundbreaking in the world of animation
- Voices and original music for the film by internationally renowned artists including David Bowie, Madonna, and Snoop Dogg.
- Game play is based on the concept of the "trio" - each phase of a puzzle or combat requires utilizing the skills of all three characters (Arthur, Selenia and Bétamèche).
- Each character has unique but complimentary powers which players must use to their advantage. The three heroes have their own particular objectives, but they must also aid one other.
- Players can watch integrated scenes from the film offered in the form of parallel action phases.
More articles about Arthur and the Invisibles