In the not too distant future, the past will change. The world as we know it will be erased from history, as if it never was. Even the very memory of us will be wiped out like tears in the rain. Our descendants will never be born - our existence will become but a mere dream in another dimension. This, it would seem, is inevitable. For once the past has been altered the future as we know it will never come to be. There is only one hope for us, for our children, for our future. It is you – our very existence rests in your hands. May time be on your side.
Based around the year 2025 a retired colonel by the name of Albert Swift is given responsibility by the US Government for testing two of the most significant inventions of the century – a time-control device called the Quantum Suit and a time machine called the Quantum Transporter. However, before he gets a chance to carry out his experiments his laboratory is invaded by a masked man and in the confusion Swift is briefly sent back in time to 1900. Upon his return to 2025 the world he left has changed beyond all recognition. It is now Swift's responsibility to find a way to rectify things and find out who or what is behind the changes.
The technology behind TimeShift will allow gamers for the first time the ability to slow, stop and reverse the flow of time while remaining completely isolated. Set in an engrossing storyline, gamers must learn to master this new skill to navigate through the new universe and ultimately complete the adventure. Using Saber Interactive's proprietary Saber3d Engine, the story will progress through virtual environments of cinematic quality and a sophisticated AI will challenge gamers to think creatively on how to use their new powers.
- Time control elements never before seen in a first person shooter - players can slow, stop and rewind time affecting the world and enemies around them while moving freely through frozen worlds
- Time shifting obstacles will challenge the players to think in four dimensions to solve problems and defeat difficult enemies
- Next generation graphics technology in the Saber3D engine, including normal mapping for amazing high detailed textures and characters as well as parallax lighting, which allows the environment to come alive with detail
- Deep storyline involving time travel and betrayal, featuring an alternate time stream filled with alternate technology
- A wide array of unique weapons from an alternate timeline, plasma guns, hybrid grenades, full action pistols and the dreaded "Swarm Cannon"
- More than 35 combat missions, each one featuring time shifting elements and challenges standing in the way of completion
- Online multiplayer game that allows players to use their time shifting powers against other human adversaries.
More articles about TimeShift