Highly acclaimed screenwriter, David McKenna, has written an original event-driven storyline for the interactive game that will lead the player through a sordid underworld. The Scarface video game will create a gameplay environment that authentically recreates the historical time period of the film, touching on politics, news items and events of the day. Players will travel through the steamy, often violent streets of Miami, the irie islands of the Florida Keys, the Bahamas and various other locales and will interact with a world full of seedy and dangerous characters to procure information, negotiate business deals, smuggle contraband and avoid rivals and DEA on a mission to rebuild their fallen empire.
Al Pacino gives an unforgettable performance as Tony Montana, one of the most ruthless gangsters ever depicted on film, in this gripping crime epic inspired by the 1932 classic of the same title. Directed by hit-maker Brian DePalma and produced by Martin Bregman who brought the Godfather legends to the screen, Scarface follows the violent career of Tony Montana (Pacino), a ruthless Cuban refugee who blasts his way to the top of Miami’s drug underworld, attaining wealth and power beyond his wildest dreams. His rags-to-riches ascent is marked by memorable moments, including a scene in which the cocky Montana risks his neck to propose to Elvira (Michelle Pfeiffer), the girlfriend of murderous drug kingpin Frank Lopez (Robert Loggia). Only in the film’s devastating finale does Montana come to grips with the awful price of his lavish empire.
Scarface fans will have an opportunity to score additional Tony Montana merchandise and bonus material through a pre-order campaign and a special "Collector's Edition" of the game.
Fans who pre-order the game at participating retailers will receive a 24" x 30" Scarface print created by L.A. Pop Art, depicting an iconic film scene created out of the text of the original motion picture script. Pre-orders are now being accepted at participating retailers.
For the true Scarface fans, a Scarface: The World Is Yours Collector's Edition will be available in limited quantity for PlayStation 2. The Collector's Edition will include the entire game and a variety of extras packed into an exclusive metal case. The Collector's Edition will feature a bonus DVD including the "Making of the Game" behind-the-scenes documentary, a game walk-through with producer commentary, cast interviews and hints and tips, as well as a full map of the in-game world, game concept art and more.
- You are Tony Montana. Tony Montana embodies the ultimate American gangster, living by his own rules on his own terms as he rebuilds his empire from the ground up. Ensuring an authentic Scarface experience, Al Pacino has lent his likeness to the game, assuring that players will embark on a journey that delivers the essence and soul of the Scarface mythology
- All-Star cast of characters. The game’s roster of voice actors includes original Scarface cast members Steven Bauer and Robert Loggia (who played Manny Ray and Frank Lopez respectively), comedians Jay Mohr and Cheech Marin, and actors James Woods, Miguel Sandoval, Robert Davi, Michael Rappaport and Michael York
- Original story written by David McKenna. David McKenna, writer of the movies “Blow” and “American History X” has penned the story for Scarface: The World is Yours. Beginning with the explosive shootout at the end of the film, the Scarface video game immerses players in a “what if Tony survived?” storyline that allows fans of the movie and action gamers alike to experience a new chapter in the Tony Montana legacy
- Explore vast environments. Players will travel through the steamy streets of Miami and surrounding islands, smuggling drugs and avoiding rivals and the DEA as they rebuild their fallen empire
- Mix your own music. Gamers can play with an immersive soundtrack of music from the film’s time period, or take control by choosing from a play list including hot new artists
More articles about Scarface: The World Is Yours