NHL 07 puts you in total command with a revolutionary new Skill Stick system. Never take your hands off the analog sticks as you take complete control of all skating on the left, and - for the first time in a hockey videogame - passing will use an intuitive motion on the right analog stick to execute with precision.
Feel like a part of the team with a level of passing fluidity that allows you to implement a realistic team strategy. Look to your teammates and know how to best use their strengths with New Player-Specific Behaviors. Play the game like you do on the ice: Be the Playmaker and find your Sniper open in the slot, or let your Dangler make pylons out of the defense.
Off the ice, act as the General Manager in an enhanced Dynasty Mode. Do whatever it takes to meet an owner’s expectations by properly managing rosters and using your creativity to fit player salaries under the new cap.
Whether you’re running the front office or dominating the rink, NHL 07 is the most intuitive and realistic hockey experience ever created.
Current Gen Key Features
- Experience a realistic sense of team control on the ice. Command every movement and make precise passes by directing the right analog stick towards your intended recipient.
- NHL 07 players act like their real-life counterparts more than ever with six different player types, including Danglers, Playmakers, Snipers, Power Forwards, Offensive Defensemen, and Defensive Defensemen.
- Build team chemistry, sign and trade players, and negotiate contracts under the new salary cap to meet an owner’s expectations. Earn trust points with every positive move then purchase upgrades for the team.
- Become an instant hero with the most exciting play in sports. With the game on the line, all eyes are on you. Skate down the ice, read the goalie, and see if you can score the momentum-swinging goal.
- European Elite Leagues return with the addition of the Czech Elite League and an all-new Elite League Dynasty mode that clearly distinguishes the differences between European and NHL hockey.
- Online** or in the same room, it’s every man for himself in an all-out hockey EA SPORTS Free-4-All. Using only one side of the rink, challenge up to three friends and see who can score the most goals in your fight to dominate the hockey world.
X360 Key Features
- Never take your hands off the sticks with the enhanced Skill Stick. Snap the right stick forward for a quick wrister, pull it back to wind up for a slapper, move it left and right to deke defenders and goalies. For the first time ever -The right stick IS your hockey stick.
- A revamped skating, deking, and shooting engine, plus strategic AI and puck physics improvements. Add a new animation system and overhauled goalie AI to create the closest thing to playing on the ice.
- NHL 07 players act like their real-life counterparts more than ever with seven different player types. Including Danglers, Grinders, Playmakers, Snipers, Power Forwards, Offensive Defensemen, and Defensive Defensemen.
- The all-star duo of Gary Thorne and Bill Clement call all the action with a fresh television broadcast style that focuses on star player and team rivalries. Storylines are introduced pre-game and change after every big hit, and momentum-swinging goal.
- Negotiate contracts and fit salaries under the cap in Dynasty Mode. Shrewd trades and smart free agent signings are now the key to your success in the new NHL.
- Game experience and success on the ice molds your young players into the superstars of tomorrow and maintains the spirit of your older veterans.
- See the stick flex on every slap shot, or a netminder looking a puck into his glove on a big save. The goalie’s pads even remain flush to the ice when he butterflies.
- Strafe the blueline on a power play or create space from the defender while still seeing the entire ice. Hold the right trigger and you will always face up ice. Couple this with the Skill Stick and you’ll have enjoy 100% control of your player.
- Nothing matches the pressure and intensity of a shootout. With the puck on your stick, and the game on the line, you can become an instant hero by beating the goalie one-on-one.
The game will be available for the PS2, PSP, Xbox 360, Xbox and PC.
More articles about NHL 07