This is an unofficial patch for Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines by Troika Games. It is built upon Dan Upright's great unofficial oma patches and works for english retail and Direct2Drive versions only!
To install it extract this archive into your game folder keeping the directory structure intact and backup any files being overwritten if you want to remove it later. A complete reinstall is another option.
This patch attempts to fix many bugs and improve other things but no guarantees are made, since not everything could be tested. It can be installed easily on top of the official 1.2 patch from Troika Games.
The more basic changes are listed at the top of the version history, then bug fixes and more. It is recommended to start a new game after patching to avoid odd behaviour, but updating between hubs may work.
Because of the restoration of the histories the patch comes with the original config.cfg, so change all the options to your liking again. If you get problems with the histories in the tutorial just skip it!
Tips and Tricks:
When using the console, be sure to activate it from the menu only.
To reinstall clean up registry and remove vtmb.ini from /windows.
On start crashings force refresh rate override or use -dxlevel 80.
Do not cheat using the histories, you'll not get far that way ;).
Don't save or leave maps with disciplines active to avoid crashes.
Game may hang on Beckett's "wait" cutscene, reload or use sewers.
Sometimes the game will crash on entering the pawnshop, try later.
In Ming's temple do really move the bar instead of just using it.
If you can't read papers re-bind "use" away from the mousebuttons.
At high Obfuscate levels use attack to stealth kill without fail.
Some feed victims stay in trance so don't bite quest-related ones.
Enemy death may open doors and give items, which Trance does not.
If a container auto-closes right-click the objects to choose them.
Have four inventory slots free when getting Imalia's Tawni quest.
If the Skyeline apartment's elevator won't work use vents instead.
Game may hang at cutscenes if you are Obfuscated, so turn it off.
If museum trip beams leave a door locked search guard for the key.
Taking long for history selection is prone to crash, don't do it.
Stuff not fixed:
"Skip intro" and special fonts only work at resolutions > 800x600.
It's not possible to escape to the menu during cutscenes or load.
Prof. Johansen's christian name is stated to be Ingvar and Anders.
Enemies will drop only the weapon on death that they used before.
Be aware that on dialogue your character will holster his weapons.
Sometimes "Skip intro" will not work although the box is checked.
Occasionally mailboxes do not receive rewards or objects drop out.
Female and male Gangrel show different stances in the background.
In cutscenes models may behave strange, also walking with a Glock.
Bodies may dissappear and dead people may re-appear in cutscenes.
There are invisible blocks at the Theatre, the Museum and Fu Labs.
At Confession third person view zooms in when being on the cross.
Same objects in containers and inventory will not show up in both.
Occult hacking and lockpicking models are not centered in window.
Rats will not squeak while gently being drained by female players.
Blood Shield stays on until exhausted or removed, this is no bug.
Vandal will not grant his freebie if you just bought a blue blood.
Gary's posters appear in all havens, Mitnick's emails dissappear.
- Renamed new blade to 'Replica Katana' and made Trip sell crossbows.
- Tseng will offer the SPAS directly and the flaming crossbow later.
- Made Larry's quest independent of buying and fixed briefcase scene.
- Released trapped Fu Syndicate guard and added Julius killed lines.
- Changed flaming crossbow text and added some more inspection nodes.
- Corrected typos and lines for newscaster, Lily, Copper and Vandal.
- Removed another warehouse spawning and restored beachhouse weapons.
- Fixed superguards at Giovanni Mansion and the bonus Sweeper lines.
- Made all enemies drop their weapon when killed except the Brothers.
- Added missing inspection node to Bertram's CD and many more items.
- Unlocked doors to Boris for Venus quest and lowered Dema condition.
- Removed .38 got for skipping the tutorial and added the quest log.
- Swapped histories around again to alter those that made no changes.
- Lowered .38 ammo price and time when crossbow bolts are available.
- Added humanity loss for sending Copper and a wrong bloodpacks line.
- Moved misplaced Ra texture folder and corrected female wield model.
- Restored exploding King's Way runner and altered book loading tip.
- Fixed options when asking Trip for weapons and a Prince line error.
- Removed respawning warehouse thugs and missing beachhouse weapons.
- Made clinic guard not open doors twice and added a Nurse condition.
- Fixed Eerie Presence bonus and reactivated the downtown sewer map.
- Repaired possible Gallery crash on entry and resetable quest state.
IMPROVING GAME PERFORMANCE
Most performance problems reported to Activision Customer Support are due to computer systems not meeting the minimum system requirements or not having the latest video and sound card drivers installed.
If these are not the causes of any performance problems you are experiencing, we recommend that you try some or all of the following suggestions.
• Set your desktop to a resolution of 800x600, 32-bit True Color and play the game at that resolution.
• Shut down all background applications.
• Disable any anti-virus software you are running.
• Set the game’s Game Options to their minimum settings. In particular, disable Environmental Effects.
• This game requires a 1400MB swap file. If you are using Windows XP, 98, or ME, make sure that you have “Let Windows Manage My Virtual Memory” enabled, and if you are using Windows 2000, make sure that you have manually set your max swap file size to 1400MB. In addition, make that you actually have enough free space on your hard drive to facilitate the swap file (1400MB).
More articles about Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines