Please may sure that you installing a right patch for you game version.
1. Before installing Heroes of Might & Magic V patch 1.3 please close all other programs.
2. Run patch installation file.
3. Follow the instructions.
Upon installation you can run game either from windows start menu ('Start' -> 'All Programs' -> 'Ubisoft' -> 'Heroes of Might and Magic V' -> 'Heroes
of Might and Magic V') or use 'Heroes.exe' file from the game installation directory (By default, the game will be installed into
"C:Program FilesUbisoftHeroes of Might and Magic V").
Changes will not take effect if loading from the old save - Game restart will be needed.
Earlier game versions (1.0, 1.1 and 1.2) are not affecting the rating obtained on duel; only 1.3 game version is capable to generate rating.
The old scores from patch 1.2 are no longer relevant on patch 1.3 as the parameters on which the scores are calculated have been reconsidered and there are needed complete replays of campaigns for updated scores.
Ranking numbers are temporary excluded from the lobby player list and will be available later. For now, they can be accessed through the players profile.
Changes in patch 1.3
(!) Some fixes will take effect only after map restart, if loading from an older version save.
Map editor (you can find a shortcut to editor manual in start menu or you can find the manual directly in the "Heroes of Might and Magic VEditor Documentation folder").
- new 3 x 3 heroes duel format
- random heroes selection for duel
- hero and army information interface
New Mission Results menu
Hotkey 'ALT' to highlight all interactive objects (resources, monsters, buildings, etc.) at the adventure map
Hotkey 'CTRL' + '1,2,3...' to enter in castles
Four new multiplayer maps:
- “The School”
- “Wind Rose”
- “No Man's Land”
Bugs repaired and alternations made:
Crashes and stability:
- the game no longer crashes when saved if there is not enough space on the HDD
- several bugs in the Ghost Mode repaired that made the game “freeze”
- “The Land of Outcasts” map no longer has buildings that can’t be entered
- The “Rise to Power” map no longer has creatures that can’t be interacted with.
Corrected mistakes in the game mechanics:
- the Ghost can no longer see the number of creatures in the stack on the map if one of the player’s heroes’ Scouting is developed
- all the creatures can use their special abilities when affected by the Puppet Master spell
- the peasants’ Taxpayer ability works correctly when they are divided into stacks
- mistake corrected that, under certain conditions, allowed mini artifacts assembled for half price to be sold for full price
- the boat summon function of the Vessel of Shalassa spell now works correctly at bridges and certain shores
- the Remote Control perk corrected
- the Elementals now can appear in the Favored Enemy list
- the hero using the Angel’s Wings artifact can now be stopped by a mouse click
- when a hero goes through a portal or a whirlpool his path refreshes now
- AI player collects artifacts properly now
Changes of balance:
- damage inflicted by the Meteor Shower spell at Advanced and Expert levels decreased
- the Puppet Master spell now does not fall off when the hypnotized creature suffers damage; but each caster can have only one active Puppet Master
- the Fire Trap spell now sets mines in random locations not throughout the whole field but within a 5x5 tiles area selected by the player; in this area, the mines’ locations are still random
- more damage is now absorbed by the Arcane Armor spell
- the Phantom Forces spell now allows creating only one phantom for each group of creatures; the phantom has no activated abilities, and it has the same number of ammo as the original stack
- the Summon Creatures spell now spends 75% of the hero’s movement points (if the hero is short of movement points, the spell will be unavailable till the next turn)
- each use of the Raise Dead spell now makes a 20% decrease of the target unit’s maximal HP till the end of the combat
- each use of the Resurrection spell now makes a 10% decrease of the target unit’s maximal HP till the end of the combat
- the Master of Wrath perk now also affects the Word of Light, giving it +4 effective spellpower
- the Master of Pain perk now also affects the Curse of the Netherworld, giving it +4 effective spellpower
- the Ghosts/Spectres characteristics have been changed: these creatures now have more HP but inflict less damage
- the Cavalry Commander specialization now gives Jousting bonus not for each walked tile but for the final result dramatically decreasing the full damage
- the Iron Maden specialization: the Fireball spellpower now becomes 0+1 greater for each 5th level, not 1+1 for each 4th level
- the Swift Striker specialization: the ATB now shifts for 0.5% only for each level
- the Reanimator specialization: the Animate Dead spellpower now becomes +1 greater for each 5th level only
- the Poison Master specialization now works correctly
- Eruina duel presset: The army was weaken a little
- Lethos duel presset: Artifact "Four leaf clover" changed to “Tunic of the Carved Flesh”.
- the building costs in the towns have been balanced
- the mana cost of 3rd, 4th and 5th circles’ spells have increased
- skill "War Mashines" adds hit points to war machines now.
- catapult has unlimited ammunition now
- Warlock, Wizard and Necromant have one starting spell now.
Camera, graphics, interfaces
- the spells effects in combat are now accelerated together with the animations
- when a hero moves, the camera now follows him or her instead of remaining static
- the Knight does no longer disappear from the arena when using Retaliation against the Obsidian Gargoyles
- in the Haven town, part of the building’s texture does not disappear when a Town Hall or City Hall is being erected
- when switching to the Ghost Mode, the camera now focuses on the ghost
- the combat at the bridges now always takes part in a corresponding arena
- after defeating an enemy hero, the corresponding information of the gained trophies now appears
- some tooltips in the Duel Lobby interface have been corrected
- in the Duel interface, the heroes’ icons no longer block the information of their levels
- in the combat log, the text for the First Aid Tent has been corrected
- the text of several messages in the Ghost Mode has been corrected
- in a town without a visiting hero, the creatures’ expanded tooltips can now be viewed
- in combat, the walls and gates now have tooltips with their remaining HP
- information about another player in hot-seat turn passing is hidden now
- it is impossible to dismiss the creatures of allied hero now
- switching heroes in tavern and in the info screen now works correctly.
- allies now can see the parts of the map opened by seer’s hut or observatory
- additional corrections have been made in various texts
…and some more.
Switching off 'V-Sync' option in your video driver options may cause twitched animation in Town if you rotate camera manually.
Loading a save from another language version can cause fonts and textual problems in the interface.