"We continue to break fresh ground with each new Nancy Drew introduction, and The Creature of Kapu Cave is no exception," said Megan Gaiser, president and CEO of Her Interactive. "The need to play as one of three characters in order to solve various puzzles not only adds to the in-game strategy and depth of gameplay, but underscores our desire to continually surprise and challenge our fans."
It's not all luaus and leis for Nancy Drew in The Creature of Kapu Cave as she travels to Hawaii as a research assistant for Dr. Quigley Kim. In transit, she runs into the Mapu family, who loan her an SUV and give her directions to Dr. Kim's camp. The Hardy Boys, on a separate covert operation, are also visiting Hawaii and staying at the cultural immersion center run by the Mapu family.
Before leaving for the camp, Nancy is warned to avoid the secretive Hilihili research compound of Malachi Craven as some believe it's linked to the legend of Kane 'Okala -- a man who narrowly escaped being sacrificed to the volcano but was left with a hideous, scarred appearance. When Nancy arrives at Camp Quigley, she discovers that the camp has been ravaged and Dr. Quigley is missing. As her adventure unfolds, Nancy discovers the Kapu or "forbidden" cave and suspects that something mysterious is hidden behind the Tiki Centennials.
Nancy Drew: The Creature of Kapu Cave is the fifteenth installment in the award-winning, Nancy Drew PC adventure game series from Her Interactive.
Exciting features include:
- For the first time, the ability to play as three different characters: Nancy, Joe Hardy or Frank Hardy depending on the skills and clues needed to solve the mystery;
- Using the SUV GPS system to travel to a variety of exotic Hawaiian environments;
- An assortment of puzzles to gather clues that allows players to progress through the game;
- Snorkeling for shells and designing shell necklaces to earn 'big island bucks';
- A second chance feature that enables players to take risks without starting over;
- Hints from Bess and George to help navigate the game;
- Two difficulty settings to allow players of all skill levels to solve the mystery.
Rated "E" for Everyone, Nancy Drew: The Creature of Kapu Cave is scheduled to ship next month for a suggested retail price of $19.99.