In Patch 1.01, if a user disconnects on his opponent, the player with the higher disconnect percentage will get an automatic loss, and their opponent, an automatic win. This effectively means, if you disconnect on your opponent in a multiplayer match, you will get an automatic loss, and your opponent will get an automatic win. We are confident this fix will improve the multiplayer playing field on Xbox Live for The Battle for Middle-earth II.
Patch 1.01 also addresses:
- Corrected issue with friends on buddy lists appearing invisible in the lobby
- Fixed a crash associated with Wormtongues spell abilities
- Addressed technical issues associated with memory
To Download Patch 1.01:
- Sign in to Xbox Live from The Battle for Middle-earth II. For more info about connecting to Xbox Live, visit www.xbox.com.
- Downloading process for patch 1.01 should happen instantaneously after you log in.
Based on the PC version of the same name, The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II for the Xbox 360 will bring players into the heart of Middle-earth to live the battles seen in the blockbuster New Line Cinema films and classic J.R.R. Tolkien literary fiction. The game boasts a new and intuitive console-specific control scheme that will allow novice players to enjoy the game's signature strategy gameplay while giving expert players the flexibility needed to engage in a deeply complex strategy experience. Players will directly control hundreds of units in an attempt to defeat enemy armies, conquer new lands, and seal the fate of Middle-earth.
- The Middle-earth you have never seen brought to life on the Xbox 360! The unification of the book and film rights have unlocked a world of Middle-earth – new races, places, heroes, and battles from the books and films are yours to command.
- Command the most epic battles of Middle-earth from your living room couch. Directly control and manage hundreds of units and engage in intense, action-packed real-time battles.
- Challenge friends online and battle it out via Xbox LIVE. The game features exclusive new multiplayer games including King of the Hill, Capture and Hold, and Hero versus Hero.
- First The Lord of the Rings strategy game for any console system and first game in The Lord of the Rings series for the Xbox 360.
- New and intuitive console-specific control scheme that makes it possible to experience and enjoy the strategy genre on the Xbox 360.
- Customize fortresses or choose to build anywhere! Craft your own landmark castle and create signature units including naval ships or Elven and Dwarven heroes.
- Hugo Weaving reprises his role as Lord Elrond lending his voice and likeness to the game. Weaving offers the game's overarching tone by guiding players in and out of each good and evil mission within the single player campaigns.
More articles about The Battle for Middle-earth II