Inspired by the events of Universal Pictures' recent film, The Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift, this game immerses players in the underground world of drift racing. Set in a world related to, yet separate from the movie, the game features a ground breaking drift mechanic that makes drifting accessible to both beginning and veteran racing game drivers alike. Gameplay features revolutionary new systems like the Drift Indicator that make The Fast & The Furious the most accessible yet realistic drift game on the market.
“We are extremely excited to bring this game to the PlayStation 2,” said Makoto Iwai, Senior Vice President of the Development Group at NAMCO BANDAI, “The exotic locale and the endless customizable options combined with the addictive drift mechanics make this a must-have racing game this fall.”
- The first game to create an authentic, drift model system that is fun and approachable for players of all skill levels. Turn on the assists and feel like a pro, or turn them off and hone your drift skills.
- Focusing on the “next big thing” in underground street racing this video game utilizes Universal’s extensive sound library, an incredible context based camera code, a revolutionary context based rumble system that gives players the feeling of driving city streets at break neck speeds like no other.
- Immerse yourself in the world of the game. 10,000+ polygon model cars, cinematic camera angles straight from the movie, unique boss challenges, stunning visuals and over 100 JDM Tuner, Classic Muscle and Concept cars makes this the best looking, best playing racing game on PS2 and PSP.
- Enhance the feeling of being part of the underground street racing world. Tune your ride with a hundred licensed wheels, and over 300 body kits from real JDM companies. Tune your ride like never before from performance to appearance and for the first time on PS2 and PSP swap out your engine to truly push the limits of your vehicle.
- Is a nitrous-fueled drift racing game that captures the style, speed, and attitude of the underground street racing phenomenon.
- Featuring 1-2 player split-screen play and 1-4 player online play
- More than 100 cars with over 300 body kits to choose from!
Developed, by Eutechnyx, for the PS2 and PSP, The Fast and the Furious will be available September 26, 2006.
More articles about The Fast And The Furious