Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure soundtrack features an array of licensed music and various original tracks, including an exclusive version of Notorious B.I.G.'s "Who Shot Ya," remixed by Serj from the band System of a Down; "Clik, Clak, and Spray" from Pack FM; "Book of Judges" from Pharoahe Monch; and "Getting Up Anthem: Part 1," performed by legendary Hip-Hop artist Rakim and Talib Kweli, the voice of the game's lead character, Trane.
Commenting on the soundtrack, Marc Ecko, executive creative director for Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure, stated, "On behalf of the entire Getting Up team, we are extremely grateful to MTV and the voting public for acknowledging our efforts to do something new and exciting with in-game music, and to Atari for making this happen. Thanks to RJD2, Diddy, Corey Smith, Serj, Rakim, Talib Kweli, Fort Minor, and all of the other amazing talent who came together for this project, and to the entire gaming community for allowing us to step in and cause some creative disruption. We are proud to have raised the bar for future gaming soundtracks."
In addition to the four original tracks, the Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure soundtrack features an eclectic array of original scoring and licensed music. RJD2, who won the 2005 PLUG "DJ Album of the Year" award, composed the in-game score. The RZA, the critically acclaimed leader of Wu-Tang Clan, composed an exclusive remix for one of the game's cinematic videos. DJ Nature, a notable club DJ, contributed several original tracks for the game. Licensed music in the game includes:
- Fort Minor - "There They Go"
- Mobb Deep - "Shook Ones Part 1" and "Survival of the Fittest"
- Big Mama Thorton - "I Smell a Rat"
- Jane's Addiction - "Mountain Song"
- Roots Manuva - "Too Cold" and "Chin High"
- Sixtoo - "Boxcutter Emporium"
- DJ Vadim - "Aural Prostitution"
- Liquid Liquid - "Cavern"
- Bohannon - "Save Their Souls"
- Glen Brown and King Tubby - "Version 78 Style"
- Eddie Kendricks - "My People Hold On"
- Grand Wizard Theodore - "Subway Theme"
- Bloc Party - "Helicopter"
- Polyrhythm Addicts - "Motion 2000"
- Del The Funky Homosapien - "Catch a Bad One"
- Eric B and Rakim - "Follow the Leader"
- Nina Simone - "Sinner Man"
- Rhymefest - "Wanted"
- Thomas Rusiak - "Throne of Redemption"
- Kasabian - "Club Foot"
Developed by The Collective, Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure was released in February 2006 for the PS2, Xbox and PC.
More articles about Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure