Now the world’s favourite RPG series continues to evolve in FINAL FANTASY XII. A new level of exploration and adventure lie ahead in the mystical world of Ivalice. Overflowing with gorgeous, sweeping landscapes, colourful characters, exotic creatures and a plot full of intrigue, FINAL FANTASY XII is a gaming experience not to be missed.
John Yamamoto, President and CEO of Square Enix Ltd. comments, “We are very excited to be bringing FINAL FANTASY XII to Europe and PAL territories next year. The game has been a massive success in Japan and looks set to become one of the crowning glories of PlayStation 2.”
Enter an age where magic is commonplace and airships fill the skies, crowding out the heavens. A young orphan named Vaan dreams of escaping his life on the streets of Rabanastre and piloting an airship of his own. Against the backdrop of the war engulfing the kingdom of Dalmasca, Vaan meets Princess Ashe, the sole surviving heir to the Dalmascan throne, long thought dead. Together, they will embark on an incredible journey through Ivalice. The choices they make will determine the very fate of the world.
- The new “Active Dimension Battle” (ADB) system gives players the freedom to move seamlessly between exploration and combat.
- The revolutionary Gambit System combines the strategic subtlety of classic turn-based battling with the immediacy of real-time combat. Allowing the player to assign instructions to party members, the Gambit System enables the party to act intelligently in battle without the need for user intervention. For example, if you want a character to act as a healer, you can instruct them to use a Cure spell whenever an ally’s health falls below a chosen level.
- A unique Licence Board gives the player the ability to customize each character’s skills and abilities.
- Random battles are a thing of the past as you can now see foes before engaging them. Each type of monster has its own territory and behavioural patterns. Some foes will leave the party alone unless provoked, while some enemies will fight amongst themselves or prey on weaker monsters.
- Packed with optional side-quests, hidden locations and an extensive bestiary of exotic monsters to find and fell.
- Cinematic presentation and a sweeping orchestral score provide an unforgettable experience, with breathtaking visuals and immersive gameplay.
- A peerless localisation, the extensive script has been translated into English, French, Italian, German and Spanish for the European release and also boasts a full-screen, full-speed PAL conversion.
More articles about Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age