* Added the option to export terrains for Command & Conquer: Renegade
* Added the AABox option to W3D Tools dialog
* Added example Dazzle.ini file into the 3dsmax7/plugins directory, which enables the Dazzle option in the W3D Tools dialog. Renegade modders will probably want to replace that file with the Dazzle.ini file that came with their original version of Renegade.
Behold, the one RTS Mod SDK to rule them all is here! This Mod SDK contains much more power than meets the eye and for all aspiring 'modders' out there, it will provide you with some extremely useful developer tools to greatly enhance the production of your mod projects for The Lord of the Rings and the more recent Command & Conquer RTS games. We are extremely excited to see the new models and art practices, as well as open the door to easier production processes for community 'modders'.
The Mod SDK currently consists of these pieces:
* 3DS Max 7 Autodesk plugin
* W3D Viewer
* Asset Cache Builder
* Extensive Support Documentation for various parts of the 3DS Max plug-in and W3D Viewer
* Tutorials on our in-house art creation processes and rules for models and maps
This MOD SDK v1.01 is compatible with the following games:
* The Battle for Middle-earth II
* The Battle for Middle-earth
* Command & Conquer Generals: Zero Hour
* Command & Conquer Generals
* Command and Conquer Renegade
Please note that only The Battle for Middle-earth II supports Shader 3.0 which is an exclusive functionality included within the Mod SDK for that game specifically. Also note that all illustrated and technical examples included in the documentation and tutorials are from The Battle for Middle-earth II but can apply to any of the above games.
And what mod would be complete without beautiful multiplayer and single player maps to accompany it? Also be sure to check out our extensive database of World Builder tutorials where you can learn beginner and advanced skills on creating the best multiplayer maps and single player missions you can put your imagination to.
-The EALA RTS Development Team
More articles about The Battle for Middle-earth II