This time around, players get to build more than one dynasty simultaneously while roaming through three different and beautifully crafted scenario maps, including a German Hanse campaign with the cities of Hamburg and Luebeck; Nottinghamshire and Sherwood Forest; and Lyon (France).
The Guild 2 has the perfect setting in which to rise through the ranks of society – the middle ages rife with intrigue and battles. Due to the chaos created after the end of the last crusade, shrewd shopkeepers and craftsman are able to acquire wealth and power as the nobles find themselves more and more dependant on the gold of businessmen. If upstanding citizenry is not what the player is after, they can instead choose the secret path of thievery to become a feared robber baron. The player controls every aspect of their character’s life. Their fate is completely their decision, but their decisions can change the course of history.
In addition to the game’s immersive single-player mode, The Guild 2 offers an unparalleled online multiplayer mode that was completely redesigned from the ground up for this sequel. Whether playing against a human opponent or the game’s powerful AI, every level of player will be challenged by The Guild 2.
In The Guild 2 players can:
- Explore a beautifully crafted and immersive living world in real-time. Walk around the streets and run across the execution of a prisoner or a rich merchant being robbed by one of your opponents.
- Choose from a wide variety of different careers. Be a successful merchant or a cunning thief and watch your dynasty thrive or fail.
- Build their own character through role-playing features that allow them to create their own unique character and play in a party of up to 3 members with different strengths and weaknesses.
- Traverse three diverse and beautifully crafted scenario maps, including realistic depictions of areas in Europe.
- Choose special abilities, religion, and physical features.
More articles about The Guild 2