“‘Brigade E5: New Jagged Union’ offers our players a fresh view of a classical turn-based combat system. The Smart Pause Mode (SPM®) blends together advantages of both turn-based and real-time and lets the player experience realistic tactical combats in real-time but still have the comfort feeling of turn-based.” says Dmitry Ivashkin, lead Programmer for Apeiron Co. “In addition to the innovative game mechanics, players enjoy a rich arsenal of firearms, ammunition, advanced AI and an incredible variety of tactical solutions in single and multiplayer modes”, continues Dmitry Ivashkin.
“I am proud to announce the launch of ‘Brigade E5: New Jagged Union’ to North America. We have seen a lack of tactical strategy games in this market; it feels great to revitalize this category. The mercenaries in Palinero are officially ready for hire”, says Brock Beaubien, Strategy First’s Producer.
“Brigade E5: New Jagged Union” is set in the fictional, small tropical country of Palinero. Players are required to assemble a band of mercenaries and take control of a rapidly deteriorating situation in order to survive the imminent civil war and avoid having their country left in complete ruins.
As a tactical strategy title, “Brigade E5: New Jagged Union” offers players the opportunity to experience three different viewpoints of the conflict, or work outside the political structure to achieve their own goals towards global domination. Game play for the title is based on an innovative combat system called SPM (Smart Pause Mode) that successfully blends together the elements of both real-time and turn-based games.
- Innovative combat system called “Smart Pause Mode” that blends together the elements of both RTS and TBS games.
- Storyline and scripts of the game are written by Shaun Lyng, co-designer in the famous ‘Jagged Alliance’ series.
- More than 100 accurately modeled firearms.
- Varied ammunition types: grenades, body armor and specialized equipment.
- Option to upgrade and modify weapons by adding various gadgets, sniper scopes, bayonets, mini grenade launchers, etc.
- Selection of specially balanced maps for Death match (up to 4 players, up to 6 players per party)
- Provides extensive LAN and Internet Multiplayer modes, with CTF, Death match and Fortress dynamic gameplay.
“Brigade E5: New Jagged Union” is due to be released in October, 2006. The game is rated M for Mature by ESRB.
More articles about Brigade E5: New Jagged Union