As war looms on the horizon, the mighty Archadian Empire begins a campaign to subjugate its neighbors. The small kingdom of Dalmasca shares their fate, and it is here that our tale begins.
Two years after the fall of Dalmasca, the once proud kingdom struggles under the rule of its oppressors. Subjugated by the mighty Archadian Empire and bereft of its royal family, the kingdom clings tenuously to life. Dalmasca’s future has been enslaved.
To Vaan, a young man living on the streets of Rabanastre, the Empire is a hated foe that took the life of his brother. When Vaan meets Princess Ashe, the sole surviving heir to the Dalmascan throne, the two embark on an incredible journey through Ivalice, tracing the mysteries behind the Archadian Empire's invasion. As they travel, they encounter others opposed to the Empire. Together, the choices they make will determine the very fate of the world.
- Newly implemented 16:9 functionality enhances experiences for wide screen televisions
- Completely new voiced cut-scenes added for the North American release
- Gorgeous CG cinematics and cut-scenes in Dolby(R) Pro Logic II combined with real-time graphics rivaling those of next-gen titles
- Shocking plot twists take players on an unforgettable journey
- Active Dimension Battle (ADB) system, enables players to move seamlessly between exploration and combat
- Highly customizable Gambit system allows complete control over character AI during battles
- License board gives the player the ability to customize each character's skills and abilities
Final Fantasy XII has been rated T for Teen by the ESRB, and will retail for a suggested retail price of $49.99 (USD) and $59.99 (USD) for the Collector's Edition.
More articles about Final Fantasy XII