You know if you have properly installed the 1.3 patch if you see the 'version 1.3' text appear in the bottom left of the main menu of the game.
By installing this update, great looking scenery of the harbour of New York will be added to the ever growing list of playable locations in the game. In addition to the new harbour and its missions, a ton of other cool features has been added: New AI ships, helicopters and airplanes, new static vessels (the big three-master 'Flying Cloud' and the traditional Dutch vessel 'Klipper') and much, much more.
The update also fixes a number of minor bugs, like occasional camera and collision detection errors.
Note: This update is only for the German Ship Simulator version of the game. Not the international or US versions.
- Help screens extended - Scene editing screens added to the in-game help
- Fixed a .dll missing
- Delete object in the edit scene mode works again
- Resolved an issue regarding the intro and/or focus on the game
- Some typos
- AI ships now pause
- AI ships brake and try to stop for the player ship
- Multiscreen setups now supported
- Control-type properly saved and displayed in the settings dialog
- Demo mission now included
- Resolutions higher than 1600x1200 bug fixed
- Help screen Edit-Mode now starts on the correct page
- Mooring waypoint logic improved
- Drowning man sound interfering with boat sound fixed
- Deleting objects in Edit-mode bug fixed
- Lowered the speed of the big container AI ship
- Screen going black after starting up.
1) Edit the publisher.dat file in the root of your Ship Simulator 2006 folder with an text-editor and change the publisher name to VSTEP and save the file.
2) Uninstall any codec-packs you might have installed (K-Lite etc.)
For any questions about the patch, please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More articles about Ship Simulator 2006