- There are 2 versions of this patch 1.4 full and 1.3 -> 1.4 upgrade. If you already have 1.3, you can download just the upgrade. Downloading the full version will work on any version of Ship Simulator 2006 (1.0, 1.1, 1.1.1, 1.3)
- After installation, it should say 1.4 in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- P6 New York Texture
- New controllers supported (multiple joysticks)
- Horn on the Titanic works again
- Some highscore issues fixed
- Fixed an issue with publisher.dat
KNOWN ISSUES (ALL PATCHES)
- Game not starting up/crashing
1) Make sure you have installed the latest drivers of both your video- and soundcard
2) Make sure you have installed DirectX 9.0c
3) Make sure your PC meets the minimum system requirements in general.
- Screen going black after starting up / Jerky performance after patch
1) Edit the publisher.dat file in the root of your Ship Simulator 2006 folder with an text-editor and change the publisher name to VSTEP and save the file.
2) Uninstall (or reinstall) any codec-packs you might have installed (K-Lite etc.)
3) Rename the file called 'lighthouse.cgr' from the stagepublisher folder to lighthouse.cgr_bak
- MySQL error:
Solution for the problem with the libmysql.dll error:
Create a backup of your current libmysql.dll in your WINDOWS/System32 folder.
After that copy the libmysql.dll from the ship_simulator_2006_installation_path/3rd folder to your WINDOWS/System32 folder.
NOTES FULL VERSION
- Patch 1.4 full includes all the fixes and updates from previous patches.
- The config.dat file has changed. You WILL loose your graphics settings when applying this patch.
- For support for the various control devices or TrackIR, contact the manufacturers of the device.
- GeForce 4 MX and Go are still NOT supported.
NOTES UPGRADE VERSION
- All of the above.
- 'Patch 1.4 upgrade' only upgrades 1.3. Do NOT install 'Patch 1.4 upgrade' over any of the earlier versions.
More articles about Ship Simulator 2006