Experiencing all four seasons for the first time -- from seasonal activities to all-new outerwear for unpredictable weather -- is guaranteed to provide a whole new level of excitement for your Sims! Not only will your Sims experience the seasons changing in winter, spring, summer and fall, but each season will deliver unique benefits, impacting your Sims relationships, mood, skills, careers and more. And be sure to dress your Sims appropriately for the weather -- freezing, sunburn and other unexpected weather effects can occur!
Whether you're strengthening family ties in winter, letting romance bloom in spring, deepening the bonds of friendship in summer, or fast-tracking your career in fall, the seasons have a whole new impact on your Sims' lives throughout the year! Avoid the heat; take a dip in the pool and play Marco Polo! Go skating on an ice rink; have snowball fights, build snowmen or make snow angels. Each season unfolds differently delivering stunning visuals of weather effects and seasonal changes including snow, rain, hail, lightning and more ensuring a unique gameplay experience for many seasons to come. Show Off Your Sims' Green Thumb; make your garden blossom and reap the rewards! And as an added bonus, crops that harvest at the peak time can produce varying juices that reap special benefits, from love potions and energy boosts to cold fighters and smart juices! Time to drink up!
"The Sims 2 Seasons really delivers what the players have been asking for -- a unique gaming experience offering new seasonal, outdoor activities that players can engage in. And because each season unfolds differently, winter, spring, summer and fall will look different than the year before, guaranteeing a fresh experience each season," said Vice President and Studio Head of The Sims Division, Rod Humble. "From fishing with Dad on a cool lake to catching fireflies on a warm summer night -- these are the great moments in life we remember either from growing up with our parents or growing up with our kids. The wonderful gardening system adds another layer of player creativity and nurturing which is the perfect compliment to the base game."
- Benefit from Each Season -- Each season impacts your Sims' relationships, moods, and more!
- Share New activities -- New group activities in every season your Sims and their family and friends! Build snowmen, splash in the pool, play catch, ice skate, and more.
- Reap the Fruits of Your Sims' Labors -- Harvest fruits and veggies all year round and blend love potions, energy drinks, health boosters and more.
- Update Their Wardrobes -- Dress your Sims in seasonal outfits like winter coats, gloves, ear muffs, raincoats, summer dresses, and more.
- Master New Talents -- Show off your Sims' green thumb! Join the Gardening Club for friendship and tips on how to make your garden blossom, and reap the rewards! Catch fresh Fish to grill on the barbeque -- but beware of unexpected catches!
- Explore 6 New Careers -- Do your Sims yearn to be an adventurer or gamer? Perhaps they'd rather explore music, law, journalism, or education? Fun reward objects like the Heavy Metal Guitar await your Sims with each new career path.
- Enhanced Visual Effects -- Dramatic and detailed weather effects bring a brand new visual experience to The Sims 2 universe! Snowstorms, thundershowers, lightning bolts and deadly hailstones, all spectacularly rendered to occur in both existing and new The Sims 2 neighborhoods!
The Sims 2 Seasons will ship in Europe on February 23 and across the US on February 27 as a PC expansion pack that builds on the original The Sims 2 PC game experience.