World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade (PC)
Blizzard announced today that World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade is now on sale throughout North America and Europe. The expansion will be available in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, and Thailand on January 17, with availability in mainland China and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau to be announced at a later date. World of Warcraft is played by more than 8 million gamers around the world.
“The Burning Crusade is the single largest expansion we’ve ever created, and we’re grateful for the support shown by our beta testers and the millions of World of Warcraft players worldwide during its development,” said Mike Morhaime, president and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment®. “We’re excited to share all of the new content with players, and we’re certain that they’ll enjoy the quality and breadth of new experiences that The Burning Crusade offers.”
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade adds a tremendous amount of new features and content to World of Warcraft, including Outland, a massive new continent for players to explore, as well as flying mounts, which will allow players to reach locations in Outland that would be otherwise inaccessible. Over the course of their new adventures, players will be able to take their characters up to level 70, gaining powerful new abilities along the way. Hundreds of new quests and monsters and several unexplored dungeons will offer exciting new challenges, while the new Blood Elf and Draenei races, each with capital cities and starting zones, promise a fresh start to current and new players alike. The jewelcrafting profession, socketed items, and expansive new player-vs.-player features round out the offering in World of Warcraft’s first expansion.
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade is now available at retailers nationwide for Windows® 2000/XP and Macintosh® at a suggested retail price of $39.99. A special Collector's Edition of the expansion is also available, at a suggested retail price of $69.99. This limited-edition package includes the expansion on both CD-ROM and DVD, the Art of The Burning Crusade coffee table book, an exclusive in-game pet, a behind-the-scenes DVD, two World of Warcraft Trading Card Game card packs and three exclusive cards, a map of Outland mouse pad, and the official soundtrack CD. The World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade expansion requires the original World of Warcraft game, which is now selling for a suggested retail price of $19.99.
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade has received a Teen rating from the ESRB.
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice For All (NDS)
The second game in the popular court room battle series from Japan introduces four new cases featuring new characters, plot twists and gameplay features. Players resume the role of Phoenix Wright, a defense attorney who must prove his client’s innocence against the toughest of odds and most ruthless of adversaries. Players must exercise their legal prowess as they collect evidence, examine witnesses, analyze testimonies and seek the truth to ensure that justice prevails. The game is characterized by its memorable characters, engaging storylines and unique gameplay format, all presented in a comical anime style.
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice For All includes the following features:
- Play from the first person perspective through four shocking new cases
- Two distinct gameplay segments:
- Investigation phase – survey crime scenes, interview witnesses and gather evidence that will be used in court
- Court phase – present findings from the investigation to support your case, listen to testimonies, examine witnesses, and determine what is fact from fiction so you can prove your client’s innocence
- New “Psyche-Lock” feature – some witnesses may be keeping the truth under tight lock and key (aka the “Psyche-Lock” state), so in order to break them down, successfully open up their Psyche-Locks with a series of correct questions or catch them on their inconsistent statements
- New life bar represents Phoenix’s status in court – by presenting incorrect evidence or following misguided attempts to break Psyche-Locks, Phoenix’s life bar will go down; the only way to regain this stat is to successfully open a witness’s Psyche-Lock
- Use the DS touch screen to navigate the game’s interface and become deeply involved in court room proceedings by using the microphone to yell “Objection,” “Take that” and more!
- Colorful cast of characters include both new and familiar faces
- Phoenix Wright – the game’s main character who is a defense lawyer with a keen sense for discerning fact from fiction
- Franziska von Karma – the new D.A. and daughter of former adversary, Manfred von Karma, is on the warpath to take Phoenix down and avenge her father by any means necessary
- Maya Fey – having honed her psychic powers, she is now a mystic of the Kurain Channeling Technique and will continue to be a valuable ally for Phoenix in his trials
- Pearl Fey – Maya’s cousin is an up and coming psychic herself and looks up to her as a role model
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice For All carries a “T” rating for teen audiences by the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board) with a suggested retail price of $29.99.
Fossil League Dino Tournament Championship (NDS)
Fossil League (DTC) follows the epic journey of boy action-star Taiga as he travels back in time to historic Jurassic eras to recover his stolen and most personal treasure, the “Big Mother” fossil. Fossil League (DTC) offers classic turn-based RPG play with players adventuring as Taiga to battle, tame and collect realistic 3D dinosaur models, each with their own special powers. A “dinopedia” will give players true dinosaur facts as they engage in fun mini-games, utilize special attacks and experience cool archeological digs. Fossil League (DTC) is available now in retail stores across North America for the suggested retail price of $29.95.
Developed by MTO and rated “E” (Everyone) by the ESRB, Fossil League (DTC) allows players to adventure across 6 historic dinosaur eras to collect and battle more than 100 different 3D dinosaurs, each with their own effects. Players will utilize the dual screen capabilities of the Nintendo DS to experience fascinating archeological digs and collect as many dinosaurs as possible to utilize wireless multiplayer mode for up to two players to compete in the Dinosaur Grand Prix at the end of the adventure.