Exploring an alternative approach on World War II, one in which Hitler is assassinated in the early days, players will take command of experimental weapons, prototype vehicles and units rarely seen in strategy games in an attempt to re-write or secure the historical outcome.
War Front is a state-of-the-art WWII 3D RTS game providing fast-paced, adrenaline pumping conquests. Players will feel the atmosphere of WW2 in a new environment; besides commanding their existing units, they have to care about reinforcements, resource management and researching new prototypes.
Choose what missions to fight, what troops to use, and when to call in reinforcements. Completing objectives and capturing strategic locations such as train stations or airfields in each mission will help you to win subsequent campaigns. Each mission has multiple primary and secondary objectives that are connected to other missions, providing almost limitless strategic choices.
It's not just High School chemistry teachers who enjoy freezing things with liquid Nitrogen and then easily shattering them - the Soviet faction in War Front: Turning Point also enjoys this handy chemical reaction. To show off the Soviet's use of this technology, we are releasing several new screens of the Ice Spitter Tank - a special ground unit that uses a jet of liquid Nitrogen to freeze enemy units into solid blocks of ice. Once the units are frozen, a simple shot from any ballistic weapon will take them down, unless of course, they manage to thaw out before being hit.
- Realistic night mission feeling and visualization made with dynamic lighting
- 3 Campaigns with unique storylines:
- Command US and UK troops through the historical Missions in the heart of Europe with the fictional opportunity to reach Berlin before the Red Army
- Lead the German troops with the fictional option to assassinate Hitler, stop the D-Day invasion and stop the red army with the Secret Weapons of the Reich
- Play the Russian campaign in the historical correct way and set the soviet flag on the Reichstag
- Different gameplay of the three parties. Every party will have their own complete tech tree, upgrades, constructible buildings and units. They will all have their unique bonuses and weaknesses and will offer different gaming styles
- 3D Units with physically Details. All units are 3D animated models
- Super Weapons - WAR FRONT will provide a super-weapon for every nation
- 3D First person view - There will be an upgrade which allows the player to look from a ground unit's view and control stationary weapons and fire with them
War Front: Turning Point is due for release across the UK in March 2007 for PC.
More articles about War Front: Turning Point