With the entirely new direction of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent, Ubisoft has reinvented the best-selling and highest rated espionage franchise. The revolutionary double agent concept immerses players in the world of international espionage more completely than ever, expanding the story and depth of Sam Fisher's character and evoking players' emotions by drawing them deeper into the gaming experience. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent will push the limits of each platform based on its respective technological capabilities, taking advantage of a collaborative development effort between Ubisoft's award-winning development studios in Montreal, Shanghai and Annecy, France. Across all platforms, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent will have the features that have defined the Splinter Cell franchise - amazing graphics, fluid animations, advanced artificial intelligence and open level design. Furthermore, each platform will feature exclusive content and offer a unique game play experience.
Veteran agent Sam Fisher is back. But he's never faced an enemy like this before. To stop a devastating terrorist attack, he must infiltrate a vicious terrorist group and destroy it from within. For the first time ever, experience the relentless tension and gut-wrenching dilemmas of life as a double agent. As you infiltrate a terrorist organization in its American headquarters, you must carefully weigh the consequences of your actions. Kill too many criminals and you'll blow your cover. Hesitate too long and millions will die. Do whatever it takes to complete your mission, but get out alive.
Key Features Include:
- Dual objectives to fulfill: NSA government agents and terrorists will each want you to accomplish opposing tasks at the same time.
- Discover the tension of being a double agent: Use actual tactics employed by today's real-life double agents to sabotage the terrorists' plans.
- Explore a branching storyline with multiple endings: Your choices have an impact on how the story and game play unfolds.
- A world of international espionage: Missions from all over the world, from Asia to Africa to the heart of the US. Experience extreme situations: underwater or in a sandstorm, hiding behind the dust or smoke - and even skydiving.
- New authentic gadgets: Master the latest weapons and gadgets used by NSA government agents in addition to black-market terrorist weapons.
- Innovative online play: The critically acclaimed multiplayer action of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell is back with entirely new innovations for each platform.
1. What are the main changes between the Xbox 360 version of SCDA and the PS3 version? Both for the single player and the multiplayer.
The PlayStation 3 version of SCDA is based on the Next-Gen design of the game, which has already been released on Xbox 360 and PC. However, this version features significant improvements and exclusive content. The Multiplayer features an additional new spy character (a spy girl), 2 extra maps based on completely new environments and a new set of coop. challenges.
Moreover, the additional time allowed us to increase the polish of both parts of the game. Overall, the improved accessibility, the multiplayer exclusive content and the motion sensor support are the advantages that make the PS3 version the ultimate version of Splinter Cell: Double Agent.
2. Is SCDA using the Sixaxis feature that makes PlayStation 3 unique?
The SIXAXIS sensor has been implemented in both part of the game as well. In the Single Player mode, we were free to experiment various designs for the motion sensor implementation. It is used from time to time to operate various gadgets like picking doors or hacking security systems, or for Sam’s special moves like swimming or paragliding. In the Multiplayer mode, the player controls the Drone with the tilt function.We implemented the SIXAXIS control when it was fun to play or adding value to the game play experience.
3. What was the big reason to implement a hot female multiplayer skin?
Having a female playable character in the game is something we wanted to have since we started working on Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow! On Double Agent, this idea was still present, but we didn’t have the chance to implement it on time for the first versions. Therefore, when we started working on the PS3 specific content, the spy girl was on top of our list. We really liked the idea because it really embraces the fact that the spy should be cat-like, very nimble. And for players like me, it’s always more pleasant to follow the acrobatics of a female character, supple and elegant, than those of a born-to-kill-guy!
4. And last, but not least, the PlayStation network has a different setup than Microsofts Xbox Live. Can we expect the same fluid play on Ubisoft’s own servers?
The title uses a network middleware solution already successfully used on PC and PS2. The PlayStation Network Platform provides all the required services to match the Xbox live quality. The online part of the game has been on beta test since November 2006 on PS3 and we are 100% confident to provide a quality online experience.
5. Is there anything else you would like to share with gamers about SCDA for PS3?
Yes, we are very happy with the multiplayer’s extra content we developed specifically for the PS3 version. Rather than just more of the same, the NSA training centre and Kinshasa multiplayer maps are really different than the original multiplayer maps. Those maps have been produced with Ubisoft Milan, Italy, the studio which previously worked on the PS2 Multiplayer maps and we hope the PS3 players will enjoy playing them just as much as we did.
More articles about Splinter Cell Double Agent