Dawnspire introduces an entirely new take on character creation, and eliminates the character levelling that normally presents a barrier between new and old players. A character never becomes more powerful than the one you start with. Instead the game offers a myriad of different ways to build your character and provides players with interesting strategic choices and tools from the beginning. This leaves the player free to concentrate on the fast-paced action, skills and strategies without having to endure tedious treadmills and grinding quests.
The game features five original player classes. You can choose to play as the Reaver, Seeker, Shadowblade, Templar or the Witch, all with their own unique gameplay that requires different tactics and cunning. Play as the agile deep elf Reaver who can mold her very skeleton into deadly weapons, the fearsome aramasi Shadowblade who can move instantly between shadows, striking swiftly with a poisoned blade, the Templar who melds her very soul to her near-sentient enchanted sword, the orcish Witch who can summon the forces of nature and channel the very energies of life and death, and the dwarven Seeker who specializes in cunning traps and fierce berserker skills.
“Dawnspire has certain similarities to games like Counter-Strike and Battlefield. It's a team based action game where you can't let down your guard for a second, but it also features the character depth and tactics seen in many MMOs,” says Henrik Öquist. “This combination creates a really cool and fun to play hybrid of third person role-playing and pure action-packed player on player combat.”
All the characters start out with 50 points to invest in skills and 10 attribute points to increase their health, mana and stamina. The skills in Dawnspire each have 12 levels, making them stronger the more points you put into them. All skills also have special milestones on level 4, 8 and 12 that give added benefits and bonuses when purchased. The characters and the unique builds you create are persistent, though the skill setup can be altered at any time by using refund points earned in battle.
In Dawnspire battle takes place on servers running maps for up to 16 players. Players get killed and respawn just like in first person shooters, while trying to complete the objectives set up before the other team claims the win. The game offers a thrilling experience easily available to both hardcore players and those wanting to play online for the first time. Each game takes only about 10 to 20 minutes, and teamplay, cunning and player skill alone will determine the outcome.
Dawnspire presents two game modes. In Relic Conquest the basic concept is simple, find and bring all three relics to your base. The first team to claim all the relics wins the round. If the time limit is reached the team with the most relics secured in the base wins. All the relics have unique effects requiring different tactics to capture.
In Shrine Domination the goal is to capture and hold four places of worship, known as shrines. The two teams start out with a number of points, and holding a shrine gradually reduces the enemy score. The first team to reduce the enemy score to zero wins. The four shrines all give your team different bonuses that grow stronger the longer you hold on to them. Choosing the most important shrines for your team and defending them is key to winning the game.
- Five original player classes! Each class offers their own set of unique offensive and defensive abilities, all specifically tailored for an intense PvP experience! Cast infectious diseases on your enemies, lead your allies to battle with auras that get stronger as you inflict damage, create weapons and armour from your very bones or fill the battlefield with wicked dwarven contraptions and mines.
- Two challenging game modes! The original game mode Relic Conquest requires you to bring three Relics with unique effects to your base, each demanding different tactics to capture. Do battle in Shrine Domination where you must conquer and hold ancient Shrines each giving your team different blessings that can turn the tide of battle in your favour!
- Unlock Accomplishments and win Awards as you prove yourself with and against players from all over the world. See your characters rise on the Global Characters Rankings and stake your claim to fame.
- Compete online with your friends against others in Guild vs Guild combat! Become the best team in the world as you take on other guilds to strive for the top position in the official guild rankings!
- Original soundtrack featuring live orchestral instruments and choir!
- Proprietary cutting-edge graphics engine that utilizes the full strength of pixel and vertex shaders 2.0. Including normal and specular maps, real-time reflections and shadows.
- Participate in a thriving online community fully supported on www.dawnspire.com. Manage guilds and team rosters, discuss tactics and make friends in the forums!
The full retail version, offers:
- Play as the Dwarven Seeker, use berserker skills and vicious dwarven engineering
- Get access to a bonus skill on all classes
- Get two extra character slots
- Participate in Guild vs Guild action
- Compete with your character on global rankings