1. Fixed - Surrendered empires would suddenly lose all of their population.
2. Fixed - Subjugated populations should not migrate.
3. Fixed - Hitting cancel on the Load / Save Game window during a game would send you to the
Game Start window and not back to your game.
4. Fixed - Mouse pointer would still be hidden after the first ground combat.
5. Fixed - If you turned on the "View Names" and the "View Damage" in combat, then they would overlap.
6. Fixed - Improved AI's use of fleets (they don't sit waiting for ships as much).
7. Fixed - AI will now check to be sure safe locations to move are still safe.
8. Fixed - AI Satellite design tweaked towards heavier weapons.
9. Fixed - AI was not building as many units as it should.
10. Fixed - The Ships List and Planets List windows were not showing reduced flag sizes correctly.
11. Fixed - In a Simultaneous Game, if you created a design, saved the game, ended your turn,
then processed the game turn, the game would have two copies of your new design.
12. Fixed - Ships moving to their destination on their last movement point were not clearing their orders.
13. Fixed - "Planet Utilization" tech area increased to 40 levels.
1. Fixed - The end of strategic combat would sometimes cause a game crash.
2. Fixed - The start of combat would sometimes take a long time if a large number of units were present.
3. Fixed - If units have not been given a sector position, then they will be arranged around a warp point (if present) for combat.
4. Fixed - The selected tab button in the Comparisons window was not highlighted on entry.
5. Fixed - Speed ups for computer player movement.
6. Fixed - Computer player might lockup at slow FPS rates.
7. Fixed - Ground combat would continue forever if a non-ground combat unit was dropped on a planet.
8. Fixed - Fleets could be disconnected with ships in multiple sectors.
9. Added - Ships on the Fleet Report now display as they do in the Ship List.
10. Added - Fleets show their movement in the Ship List.
11. Added - "Move Item To Top" and "Move Item To Bottom" buttons on the Set Construction Queue window.
12. Fixed - Maximum damage at range could be a negative number.
13. Added - "Default Empire Option Sort Mounts By Name" to Settings.txt.
14. Added - "Sort Mounts By Name" to Empire Options Window - Display - General Display Options.
15. Changed - In a turn based (sequential turn) game, players have their vehicles movement restored after they have finished their turn.
16. Fixed - Radiation Bombs were having the opposite effect.
17. Fixed - Upgrading a design with no roman numeral resulted in a design name with a huge number.
18. Fixed - Emergency Propulsion was setting movement to 1 if the vehicle was already at maximum movement.
19. Fixed - "View Weapons Range" in tactical space combat showed the wrong hot key.
20. Fixed - The default key for "View Movement Destinations" is now F5, and the default key for "View Weapons Range" is F6. These will only be set if you use the Default button in the Controls window.
21. Fixed - "Change View Mode" in combat was not displaying the new mode in text on the screen. "Skewed Follow" will keep the map centered on the currently selected piece in combat (you cannot scroll the map yourself).
22. Fixed - Updated description of "Propulsion Experts" to make it clear that this bonus is only to vehicles in space (fighters don't get the bonus for ground movement).
23. Note - Afterburners don't add movement to a fighter design. These extra movement points only occur in combat.
24. Note - Fighters have a vehicle size setting "Space Combat Maximum Speed Per Movement Point := 0.002" which is double what a ship gets.
25. Fixed - Fleet Transfer window was not selecting the first items in the lists by default.
26. Fixed - Hotkey for building a stellar construction would cause an error.
27. Fixed - Warp points moved by stellar constructions would leave the warp point destination.
28. Fixed - Fixes for Transfer Cargo and Launch/Recover Units windows in Simultaneous Games.
29. Note - If you use Transfer Cargo to load cargo or drop cargo in a Simultaneous Game, you need to give the ship orders to move to the location first. Same goes for Launch/Recover.
30. Added - SE5_Script.pdf to the "Docs" directory. This document details the scripting language used for the AI, external events, and intelligence projects.
1. Fixed - Sometimes damage effects could lockup combat.
2. Fixed - Settings in the SystemTypes.txt would allow objects to be placed outside of the solar system. Savegames with these objects could not be loaded.
3. Changed - The password edit box now displays stars on the Player Setup window and password entry message boxes.
4. Fixed - You have to enter the empire's password to edit the empire in the Game Setup window.
5. Fixed - If you load a game with an empire using an empire style that's not present, the game will substitute a different one that is present.
6. Fixed - Ground Combat, Sector Damage, and Mine Damage during movement would cause command line execution to run forever.
7. Fixed - In the Designs window, the list will remain highlighted on the old design when doing an upgrade.
8. Fixed - In the Design Create window, the components list will remain in the same place after selecting a mount.
9. Fixed - Easier to read tutorial text.
10. Fixed - The full 10 levels for Carriers and Heavy Carriers were not accessible.
11. Fixed - Double click now adds and removes ships from fleets in the Fleet Transfer window.
12. Fixed - Empire option changed to "Next/Previous buttons should skip ships constructing items".
13. Fixed - The Amount selection on the Set Construction Queues window will now go blank when you click on it so you can just type a new number without deleting the old one.
14. Fixed - On the Login window, the password box will start with focus.
15. Fixed - The Retrofit Order now lets you select a list of vehicles to retrofit before selecting the design to retrofit to.
16. Fixed - Remote Mining resources were showing up twice on the Empire Options window - Treasury.
1. Fixed - Deconstruct and Analyze was not returning the correct techs.
2. Fixed - Maximum storage for resources was not being properly enforced.
3. Fixed - Ships were moving through planets in combat.
4. Fixed - Planets in the Space Simulator would maintain their old owner.
5. Fixed - Empires created through events would sometimes cause errors at the end of all player's turns processing.
6. Fixed - Fighters groups could retreat from combat and end up a long way away from the combat sector.
7. Fixed - If there was more than one ground combat in a turn, the mouse pointer would be invisible for the start of the second ground combat.
8. Fixed - "Show Enemy Systems" on the expanded Quadrant map was highlighting both enemy systems and our systems.
9. Fixed - Small Supply Storage and Small Ordnance Storage should only be available for fighters and troops.
10. Fixed - The Supply Storage, Ordnance Storage, Ordnance Vat, Solar Collector, and Quantum Reactor were not showing up for Weapon Platforms.
11. Fixed - The Autocomplete and the AI would sometimes put incorrect supply and ordnance components on its designs.
12. Fixed - Sometimes voting for an alliance proposal would cause a crash.
1. Fixed - Memory Leak in Game Setup - Generate Map function.
2. Fixed - Tweak to increase numbers of AI Attack ships with size of empire.
3. Fixed - You could add more than 1 Space Yard to a planet using the Build # setting.
4. Fixed - Ground combat was not occuring in Simultaneous Games.
5. Fixed - Ground combat now takes place at the end of all player's turns but before the end of all player's turns processing.
6. Fixed - In Turn Based, only one ground combat was occuring per turn.
7. Fixed - You could launch the Sector View on sectors you couldn't currently see.
1. Fixed - StellarAbilityTypes.txt now checks each ability for inclusion instead of just picking one.
2. Changed - Increased the combat map retreat radius to 1500.
3. Fixed - Solar Sails had stopped working.
4. Fixed - The tech area "Stellar Manipulation" should have a maximum level of 100.
5. Fixed - Requirement text for "Emergency Propulsion" was wrong.
6. Fixed - More than one Emergency pod could be put on a ship.
7. Fixed - Crew was always being set to maximum.
8. Fixed - Ship capture would never succeed.
9. Fixed - Combat piece list for multiple items would not show ownership changes.
10. Fixed - You were unable to place vehicles in Simulated Combat.
11. Fixed - AI was not getting items after an Accept Gift message.
12. Fixed - AI was switching items in an Accept Trade message.
13. Fixed - TCP/IP Host would not allow players to connect when reloading a saved game.
14. Fixed - "Naturally Happy" and "Naturally Depressed" racial traits were working in reverse.
15. Fixed - Space Yards on vehicles were not getting the correct resource rate.
16. Fixed - Shield Regeneration was not getting the correct value.
17. Fixed - The Ram order in Tactical Space Combat was causing the ship to move to the location and not seek and ram.
1. Fixed - The Launch/Recover window was not showing the correct units in space during a combat simulation.
2. Fixed - The Launch/Recover window would sometimes not launch a unit and show an empty unit group in space.
3. Fixed - Drones were not dying when they impacted their targets.
4. Fixed - Empires were getting research in areas they didn't have access to via treaties.
5. Fixed - Messages from treaty elements were going to the wrong player.
6. Fixed - Autosave Turns are now saved on the machine and not per game. You'll need to turn
this on if you had it on in an old savegame.
7. Fixed - The intelligence event which kills research progress was setting the progress to a giant negative number. This would result in some research areas showing hundreds of turns to complete.
8. Fixed - Speed up for computer player combat.
9. Added - Added progress bars to computer player turns. Green is ship movement, red is combat, blue is the end of all player turns.
10. Fixed - Sometimes combat between AI players would crash and end turn processing would never complete.
11. Fixed - Ground combat between AI players was never ending.
12. Fixed - Some ministers would not work unless the "Vehicle Design" minister was selected.
13. Fixed - Right-clicking on the Victory Conditions would cause an error.
13. Fixed - Warp points should never be placed within 2 sectors of a black hole center.
14. Fixed - The Intelligence button should be disabled in games where intelligence projects are not allowed (the Construction Queues button was being disabled instead).
15. Fixed - A stellar manipulation would only destroy the first stellar manip component on use even if it was already destroyed.
16. Fixed - You can't start a new stellar manipulation while the animation for one is going on.
17. Fixed - Alliances were causing a crash during end turn processing.
18. Fixed - Alliances might cause a crash when the game was shutdown.
19. Fixed - AI messages about alliances sometimes contained unreplaced flags.
20. Fixed - The AI would sometimes tell you to remove your colonies from a system you were not in.
21. Fixed - Some speedups for Game Load and statistics.
22. Fixed - The game now stores each empires specific screen layout and restores it on their turn.
23. Fixed - In a Simultaneous Same Machine Game with only 1 human player, there's no need to show the Login window.
24. Fixed - Atmospheric conversion was not firing off when it should.
25. Fixed - Your vehicle does not get any bonus movement unless it has at least 1 standard movement.
26. Added - Icon over a planet in Tactical Combat if the attacker cannot bombard the planet because of treaties.
1. Added - Field "Empire Name" to the [Empire Name]_AI_Main.txt data files.
2. Fixed - Troops were not moving in ground combat because VehicleSizes.txt had Engines Per Move for troops set to zero.
3. Fixed - The ownership flag for ringworlds and sphereworlds was not next to the planet.
4. Fixed - You had to click on the border of a ringworld or sphereworld to colonize it.
5. Fixed - Ringworlds and Sphereworlds were not centered around their star.
6. Fixed - Sometimes ships starting combat would be outside the retreat ring.
7. Fixed - Fleet members would stop moving after their leader retreated. They should instead move to the same retreat location.
8. Fixed - The "Massive Planetary Shield Generator" was showing the wrong number of shields in its ability description.
9. Fixed - Any ships which retreat from combat will have their orders cleared.
10. Fixed - After a retreat, ships were not facing the correct direction on the System Map.
11. Fixed - Any ship which has been in a sector for a phase, should be considered to be in the middle of that sector for combat placement.
12. Fixed - Sometimes ships would come out of the wrong warp point.
13. Fixed - The Explore order would sometimes give the correct location to move to but the wrong warp point id to warp through.
1. Fixed - Sometimes the TCP/IP Host would not send the first turn game file to the players.
2. Fixed - Planet structure points were too high.
3. Fixed - "Propulsion Experts" racial trait was giving movement to bases.
4. Fixed - Some designs would lose racial trait effects on load of game.
5. Fixed - Text was overruning the side of the Set Construction Queue lists.
6. Fixed - A ship constructing a vehicle cannot retreat from combat.
7. Added - Whether a vehicle can retreat from combat to the Combat Piece Report.
8. Fixed - Repulser beams will not knock a ship past the retreat border.
9. Fixed - A ship cannot retreat into a blocked sector (such as a star).
10. Fixed - If all retreat locations are blocked, no retreat is possible.
11. Fixed - In the Construction Queues window, the On Hold and Repeat filters were switched.
12. Fixed - "Upgrade Facilities" action on the Construction Queues window would not work correctly
if upgrades were already present in the queue.
13. Changed - Some weapon balancing.
14. Fixed - More than one Emergency Resupply or Emergency Reordnance pod could be put on a ship.
15. Fixed - AI was sending multiple colonizers to the same planet.
16. Fixed - AI was trying to retrofit ships that had cargo.
17. Fixed - Sometimes ships which could drop troops or capture ships would just sit still.
18. Fixed - Crew were too strong in defense of a ship during ship capture.
19. Added - "Space Combat Crew Boarding Strength" in Settings.txt which sets the base race combat strength.
20. Fixed - Sometimes finding ruins would cause a crash.
1. Fixed - Some components were not showing up for weapon platforms.
2. Fixed - In the Alliance Chambers window, the Alliance Relations option would cause an error.
3. Fixed - Alliance votes were not completing.
4. Fixed - Game was not removing old Alliance log entries.
5. Fixed - Alliance messages had two headers on them.
6. Fixed - Alliance proposals wouldn't complete if no majority and all players had voted.
7. Fixed - Game was not removing old Alliance proposals.
8. Fixed - Empires added to an Alliance were remaining as individuals on Empire and Alliance windows.
9. Fixed - AI's were not voting in alliances.
10. Fixed - Planet's were keeping 1M population of all populations on the planet.
11. Fixed - Floating point error when try to move population in the Transfer Cargo window.
12. Fixed - You can't move ships in the Sector View if enemy ships are present.
13. Fixed - In Simultaneous games, combat should happen (in sectors with enemies) once per sector per
turn even if no ships move (unless combat already occured in the sector).
14. Fixed - Space combat now allows you to retreat if you move your ship past the circle border (and
it has strategic movement points left). Retreat costs 1 strategic movement point.
15. Fixed - Space combat no longer ends when the distance between enemies remains the same or increases.
16. Fixed - The combat border is now displayed on the overview map.
1. Fixed - Using the setting "Warp Points located anywhere in the system", warp points would sometimes
overlap stars or the center of a black hole.
2. Fixed - Ruins on planets were disappearing after the first turn.
3. Fixed - Sometimes ground combat would occur on a ship (the AI was loading enemy troops on his ships).
4. Fixed - Sometimes an error would occur if a fleet with no task forces engaged in combat.
5. Fixed - Fleets could exist with ships but no task forces.
6. Fixed - Intelligence spending should be cleared against an empire with which you've lost contact.
7. Fixed - "Can Be Placed On Vehicle Types" in Components.txt was not matching items correctly.
8. Fixed - "Component Type List" in Components.txt was not matching items correctly.
9. Fixed - Combat replay would create real unit groups from the combat.
10. Fixed - Units in ground combat were losing weapons even if the weapon was undamaged.
11. Fixed - Units were retaining maximum movement even if their engines were damaged.
12. Fixed - In Space or Ground Combat, the selection list would not change if the same number of items were selected.
13. Fixed - Units were showing 100% damaged in combat reports at the start of combat.
14. Fixed - In a Simultaneous Game, the sector view ship placements were not being maintained to the next turn.
15. Fixed - Sometimes the Movement Replay would cause an Access Violation.
16. Fixed - In a Simultaneous Game, name changes for vehicles were not being maintained on the next turn.
17. Fixed - Loading an empire from a file in Game Setup would lose all of its technology.
18. Fixed - Game Setup was incorrectly preventing some loaded empires because of technology.
1. Fixed - After using the Fleet Transfer window from the Space Simulator, all controls would be unresponsive.
2. Fixed - When selecting Set Fleets in the Space Simulator window, you are setting fleets for the
currently selected empire in the button panel. Only vehicles and fleets owned by that empire will
be displayed in the Fleet Transfer window.
3. Fixed - Simulated Empires were not getting their strategies from the current player.
4. Fixed - You shouldn't be able to press buttons while a Generate Map is in progress.
5. Fixed - The Launch/Recover Units window would sometimes crash when recovering a unit.
6. Fixed - Sometimes units in cargo would show damage with huge values.
7. Fixed - Sometimes when a planet rebelled and formed a new empire, an error occurred.
8. Fixed - A rebelling planet should start with the technology of its parent empire.
9. Fixed - A ship or unit is destroyed if all non-armor components are destroyed.
10. Fixed - You would get a black screen after the "Processing after all player turns..." was complete and
the autosave was taking place.
11. Fixed - Satellites, mines, and drones were taking part in Ground Combat.
12. Fixed - AI was not laying mines and dropping satellites on warp points.
13. Fixed - AI was not designating enough "Mining" colonies.
14. Fixed - AI was not surveying unexplored systems properly.
15. Fixed - AI was proposing treaties to human players in Team Mode.
16. Fixed - AI's on the same team were not forming the best treaties possible.
1. Fixed - Possibly fixed error international users were having when trying to load data files.
2. Fixed - Recovering a unit in the Launch/Recover window would sometimes cause an Access Violation.
3. Changed - Drones can now be recovered on ships. Drone Launcher component will allow you to recover drones.
4. Fixed - Recovering a unit in the Launch/Recover window would sometimes leave a blank line.
5. Fixed - A Fleet would sometimes lose ordnance for no apparent reason.
6. Fixed - Some player created empires under computer control were not speaking.
7. Fixed - The Fleet Report - Task Forces tab would misposition the text if scrolled.
8. Fixed - The Select Package window would sometimes not let you hit OK.
9. Fixed - The Planet Report - Races tab would sometimes show population amounts wrong for more than one race.
10. Fixed - When colonizing, if you have population in cargo, then the crew of your ship will not become
1M population on the planet.
11. Fixed - Shard Cannon was not increasing damage with level.
12. Fixed - Sometimes ground combat would occur on a ship.
13. Fixed - Buffer Error at the end of combat.
14. Fixed - The combat progress bar would reset after 60 seconds.
15. Fixed - Organic and Crystalline Dreadnoughts cost too much per level.
16. Fixed - Large combats would sometimes cause the game to lockup.
1. Fixed - The Alliance Chambers button in the Empires window would enable when it shouldn't.
2. Fixed - Combat would end if enemy forces were moving away but an enemy planet was getting closer.
3. Fixed - In the Create Design window, Auto Complete would sometimes cause a crash.
4. Fixed - Help Text would flash on screen if mouse passed over help control.
5. Fixed - For Simultaneous Game Processing, added mini-progress bars to the main progress bar. Blue is
the complete turn processing, green is the movement execution, and red is combat execution.
6. Fixed - Remote Mining was not showing in the ship's "Production (Net)" field.
7. Fixed - Remote Mining was causing a crash during End Turn processing.
8. Fixed - Status Icons would sometimes overlap the Ship Portrait border.
9. Fixed - Bottom panels were showing after multiplayer simultaneous game was created.
10. Fixed - Bottom panels would show for the host after changing players computer control.
11. Fixed - In the Empires window, the treaty name in the empire's list would overflow the list. This has
been changed to show "None", "War", or "Yes".
12. Fixed - If you had a treaty which prevented treaties with other empires, you could not propose changes
to the treaty or accept treaty changes with the empire you had the treaty with.
13. Fixed - Alt-tabbing out of the Communicate window would cause a crash.
14. Fixed - The treaty name on the Communicate window could overflow the box it was in.
15. Fixed - Added back launch rates to components. Units will now be launched at a given rate and your
ship will launch 1 unit per launch bay at that interval. Launch and Recover is unlimited in
a normal game turn.
16. Fixed - Some combat effects were not taking into account a modified time rate.
17. Fixed - The SystemsNames.txt file would crash the game if it had over 16,380 names in it.
1. Fixed - Mounts would not be loaded correctly after a Select Ship Size in the Create Design Window.
2. Fixed - The help text was in the wrong place on the Vehicle Design report.
3. Fixed - Mothballed ships still had crew.
4. Fixed - The Unmothball order would always fail.
5. Fixed - Speed up for loading of Components List on the Create Design window (especially when a mount
6. Fixed - The AI would sometimes research tech areas that it didn't have access to.
7. Fixed - You can now click and type in an amount on the Transfer Cargo and Transfer Units windows.
8. Fixed - Increased the indent for cargo items on the Transfer Cargo and Transfer Units windows.
9. Added - Population now shows the number present in millions on the Transfer Cargo window.
10. Added - Added a "Condensed View" button to the Transfer Cargo and Transfer Units windows. When
moving units in Condensed View, all undamaged units will be moved first. You cannot right-click
a group of condensed units to get a report.
11. Fixed - Decreased slow down of game when large number of units were launched in combat.
12. Fixed - Fighters will no longer form a cloud and a pole when launched in combat.
13. Fixed - Unit textures in combat would be lost when the game was alt-tabbed.
14. Fixed - You would sometimes get a lockup when large numbers of units were destroyed in combat.
15. Fixed - You would sometimes get an Access Violation when you closed combat.
16. Fixed - Some speedups for combat.
17. Added - Added "Space Combat Ends Only When Time Up Or No Enemies" field to Settings.txt to allow modders
to prevent combat from ending when enemies are moving away from each other.
18. Fixed - Ability "Planet Population Happiness" was working backwards.
19. Fixed - Cleanup and fixups for happiness.
20. Fixed - Removed launch and recover rates.
21. Changed - Decreased the size increase per level for Fighter Bays and Mine Layers.
22. Fixed - Unit space combat speed was using ground movement.
23. Fixed - Moving units from the Storehouse was not quite working correctly.
24. Fixed - Canceling an "Add Strategy" on the Empire Options window would lockup the window.
25. Fixed - Fleets were regaining supply and ordnance after each turn with no Resupply Depot present.
26. Fixed - Atmosphere Conversion was working in turns not years.
27. Changed - Decreased Shield Regenerator amount.
28. Fixed - "Component - Regeneration" ability was not working.
29. Fixed - "Shield Generation From Damage" ability was not working.
30. Fixed - "Component - Damage Resistance" ability was not working.
31. Fixed - Point - Defense should no longer be effected by time rate.
32. Fixed - "Combat Movement" ability was not working.
33. Fixed - Solar Generators were not working.
34. Fixed - Loss of crew was not decreasing ship's abilities.
35. Fixed - Toxic Injector was not killing crew.
36. Fixed - Results of Ship states:
No Supply - 1 movement point. Cannot cloak.
Critical Failure - Half normal movement points. Cannot resupply or reordnance others.
Half attack and defense modifier. Cannot cloak.
Mothballed - 0 movement points. Cannot resupply or reordnance others. Cannot cloak.
0 Supplies and Ordnance. 0 Crew. 0 Shields. 0 attack and defense modifier.
No spaceyard capabilities.
Cloaked - Cannot resupply or reordnance others. No spaceyard capabilities.
Critical Failure = Loss of your bridge, all life support, all crew quarters, or all your crew
(a Master Computer when present, replaces the previous criteria).
37. Fixed - "Use Component" order was not enabling.
38. Fixed - In a Simultaneous Games, Sector View position changes were not being kept.
39. Fixed - Not having the combat grid on in space combat would cause the map to not expand automatically.
40. Fixed - Enter and Exit warp points sounds were switched in the game.
41. Fixed - The option button for resources on the Select Package window was not working.
42. Fixed - Clicking the Plus or Minus button in a selection list would often fire the doubleclick.
43. Fixed - Date text on received messages was overflowing the list on the Empires and Communicate windows.
44. Fixed - "Allow Intelligence" setting in Game Setup was not working.
45. Fixed - "Allow Tech Gifts" setting in Game Setup was not working.
46. Fixed - Game Setup window should not mention tributes which don't exist.
47. Fixed - You could get vehicles with no movement to move when selected with a group with a mover included.
48. Fixed - The Ship List was selecting all items on a refresh instead of maintaining old selections.
49. Fixed - Planet's with zero population will still be owned by their original owner in combat until all
population, units, and facilities are destroyed.
1. Fixed - Clicking and holding the thumb button Component Report would cut out if the mouse left the scroll bar.
2. Fixed - Text wrapping was cutting words in the middle.
3. Fixed - Some fields on the Component Report were overflowing their boxes.
4. Fixed - "Weapon Explosion Effect Name" field in Components.txt should be working now. You can specify either a
random "Specific Type" or an "Effect Name".
5. Fixed - Multiline Edit boxes were not word wrapping correctly.
6. Fixed - Sometimes the text in the last column of a big list would overlap the scroll bar.
7. Fixed - Carriage returns weren't displaying correctly in Multiline Edit boxes.
8. Fixed - More characters are usable in the Edit boxes and Multiline Edit boxes.
9. Fixed - Added a maximum length to the amount edit box so that it cannot be overflowed.
10. Fixed - The number pad was not working for typing in numbers.
11. Fixed - End of Turn reminder will not specify research if you have attained all tech levels.
12. Fixed - Small size log pictures were not drawn correctly.
13. Fixed - Condensed the small picture and no picture log reports.
14. Changed - "Salvage Value" to "Orders" on the Ship Report and Unit Group Report.
15. Fixed - Construction Queues were not building multiple items in separate groups.
16. Fixed - Multiple constructions of items condensed into single log item reports.
17. Fixed - Moved log buttons "View" and "Reply" to the same line.
18. Fixed - You can't remove the last 1M population from a planet.
19. Fixed - Seekers were not taking into account firing point (mainly for planets) to determine if weapon should
be fired (if target would move out of range during travel time).
20. Fixed - Weapon mount range bonuses were not being applied.
21. Fixed - Random empires would sometimes have the same flag as a created player.
22. Fixed - Point Modifiers were not being applied properly to planet point production.
23. Fixed - Ships given the "Colonize" order would move 1 sector even if they had no movement remaining.
24. Fixed - Repeat Build was allowing amounts to decrease to zero.
25. Fixed - Empire Options for "Show Grid Lines" and "Show Warp Lines" were not working.
26. Added - Added fields to Settings.txt for setting quadrant map colors.
27. Fixed - Population amount modifier to construction queues was not being shown in the Abilities list.
28. Fixed - Hardy Industrialists bonus was being applied twice to planetary space yards.
29. Fixed - "Role", "Fleet Experience", and "Strategy" were not showing help on the Ship Report window.
30. Fixed - "Strategy" field was not showing help on the Planet Report window.
31. Fixed - In the Cargo Transfer Window, you can now move multiple items of the same type from the Storehouse.
32. Added - The Vehicle Design report now shows the component the mouse is over.
33. Added - The Create Design window now shows the component the mouse is over.
34. Added - "Attack", "Defense", "Turn Rate", and "Acceleration" fields to the Vehicle Design Report.
35. Added - "Attack", "Defense", "Turn Rate", and "Acceleration" fields to the Create Design window.
36. Fixed - Attack and Defense modifiers from vehicle sizes were not being applied.
37. Fixed - Music would stop when you loaded a game.
38. Fixed - Damage Types file now supports decimal percentages.
39. Fixed - Cargo mouse over display was not working for the Combat Piece reports.
40. Added - Empire options under "Display" to select whether to see a Component's Section, Level, Damage, and Mount
on all component grids.
1. Fixed - The resources amounts on the Select Package window would not change.
2. Fixed - On the Set Construction Queue window, the "In Existence" was always zero for facilities.
3. Changed - On the Set Construction Queue window, the "In Existence" field will now include
all versions of this object regardless of level.
4. Added - "Lock System View" button at the top of the Orders panel.
5. Note - To use Automatic Moveto for Construction Queues, you need to define a waypoint where you
want the ships to moveto. Then in the Set Construction Queue window, select Queue Settings
and scroll the list to the bottom where you can choose that waypoint as a Moveto location.
6. Fixed - Changed Planet Temperature formula so its not quite so cold.
7. Changed - You can no longer change your intelligence defense spending. It is automatically set to the
remainder after your attack spending is deducted from 100%.
8. Added - Scrollbar to the Weapon Report so that damage at range can be scrolled through a distance of 300.
9. Added - "Override InvConfiguration Slots" to the Mod_Definition.txt file. If this field is set TRUE, then
all Inventory Configurations will be read from the file "Override_InvConfiguration_Slots.txt" in the
mod directory (the flag [%EmpireName%] from VehicleSizes.txt will be set to "" and the name will be
10. Fixed - Revised Help Text from Chris Traber.
11. Fixed - Size for Small Supply Storage and Small Ordnance Storage reduced to 2.
12. Fixed - Select Colony Type window was not responding to the Return key and not selecting an item on double-click.
13. Fixed - Sometimes in Sector View, you could move planets.
14. Fixed - Sometimes ending the Sector View would show the Simulator window.
15. Fixed - Log window should jump to the top most message at the beginning of a turn.
16. Fixed - In a Combat Replay, the targeting icon should not show over enemy ships.
17. Fixed - In a Combat Replay, you should not be able to right-click to give orders.
18. Fixed - In combat, you shouldn't be able to see movement destinations and weapon targets for computer controlled ships.
19. Fixed - Construction Queues were absorbing their full resource rate regardless of the cost of the items being built.
20. Fixed - Units were not showing any supplies or ordnance in combat replays.
21. Fixed - Game was changing Speaker Configuration to Stereo.
22. Fixed - If a minister style wasn't selected when creating a new empire, no default strategies would be loaded.
23. Fixed - Victory Conditions and Racial Traits were using the wrong style of option box.
24. Fixed - Lists with option buttons or check buttons will allow you to select the text to toggle the option.
25. Fixed - Some Lists with options buttons or check buttons were highlighting the row you clicked on.
1. Fixed - In SystemTypes.txt, the "Ring" position would not register rings 10 or above.
2. Fixed - Closing the Political Message Report would cause a crash.
3. Fixed - Sometimes damage to a planet would cause a crash.
4. Fixed - A planet's condition of "Plague" should show in red.
5. Fixed - A planetary plague was not showing in the Planet Report "Planetary Damage".
6. Fixed - Weapon Damage Type in the Components.txt file is now a formula.
7. Fixed - The Plague Bomb was only doing Plague Level 1 damage.
8. Fixed - Fleets were using more movement than they should.
9. Fixed - Fleets were getting one movement even if they had zero movement.
10. Fixed - Fleet were using more supply than they should.
11. Added - Popup Help Text Delay to game options. The default is 0.5 seconds.
12. Fixed - In the Create Design window, available mounts would not be reloaded when the Vehicle
size was changed.
13. Fixed - You could exceed the maximum tech level in research if enough points were spent.
14. Fixed - In Player Setup - Technology, you would retain tech levels even if you removed the prerequisites.
15. Fixed - In Player Setup - Technology, you could click disabled buttons to change tech.
16. Fixed - Occasional Access Violation when shutting down the game.
17. Fixed - Combat Replays were not always playing. To get rid of bad combat replays, all combat replays from
games earlier than 1.04 will be deleted (on game load).
18. Fixed - The Set Construction Queue window was not showing the Usage Rate based on Emergency Build.
19. Fixed - Return now works for OK on the Login window.
20. Fixed - Vehicle Designs and Vehicle Sizes were not showing maintenance reductions.
21. Fixed - In Player Setup, picture lists were showing large gray bands.
22. Fixed - Lists were enabling their buttons incorrectly.
23. Fixed - In Create Design, if you pressed Create, then Escape, the wrong window would dissappear.
1. Fixed - Accepting an alliance would cause the game to lockup.
2. Fixed - Empire Icon spacing for an Alliance report on the Empires window was off.
3. Fixed - Alliances were not showing moods on the Empires window.
4. Fixed - Alliance Report was displaying blank.
5. Fixed - In the Alliance Chambers window, the text for proposals was offset.
6. Fixed - Alliances were not getting or generating First Contact messages.
7. Fixed - Communicate window had text offset for Alliances.
8. Fixed - When viewing a message, the interior of the report would not move with the window.
9. Fixed - Revised Help Text from Chris Traber.
10. Fixed - "Upgrade Facilities" was replacing facilities in the construction queue with facility upgrades.
11. Fixed - In the Create Design window, if you were holding a component and used Shift to delete a
component, the design stats would not get updated.
12. Fixed - Some of the big list windows were still changing highlights under a popup window.
13. Fixed - Some of the reorder items in the Empire Options window were not performing Move to Top and
Move to Bottom correctly.
14. Fixed - Units viewed in Sector View would not "give back" their supplies and ordnance to their Unit Group.
15. Added - Component highlight information on the Ship Report for Components and Cargo.
16. Fixed - Help Text on the Units Group Report was backwards for Orders and Units.
17. Added - Component highlight information on the Unit Group Report for Units.
18. Added - Component highlight information on the Planet Report for Cargo.
1. Fixed - Items in a construction queue would not be constructed if the empire could not
provide the full resource usage of the queue.
2. Fixed - The Empire Options window would allow lists under windows to be clicked.
3. Fixed - The Log would show multiple tech level gains in the same area with the current
4. Fixed - Alt-Tab would cause order buttons to blank out.
5. Fixed - Moving through an enemy minefield would cause an error.
6. Fixed - Cultural Achievements and Intelligence Achievements were not working correctly.
7. Fixed - On the Intelligence window, Estimated Intel Expenditures were not correct.
1. Fixed - The recalculation of Warp Transit Order would sometimes cause an Access Violation.
2. Fixed - Clicking on "Racial Traits" in the Empire Setup window would cause an Invalid Index error.
3. Fixed - In the Empire Setup window, random selection would allow you to get a Gas Giant
with a None Atmosphere. There is also an added warning message as a fail safe.
4. Changed - Selecting a "Gas Giant" atmosphere type will no longer restrict the Planet Types.
5. Fixed - In combat, once you entered into an order mode such as "Fire Specific On Target"
but had no valid targets, then there was no way out of the mode. Also, when in an order
mode, the select region box should not display.
6. Fixed - After turning Autotargeting off, using "Fire Specific On Target" would set the vehicle
to have autotargeting for all untargeted weapons.
7. Fixed - In Simultaneous Games, duplicate designs were showing up.
8. Fixed - AI Setup was not researching correctly.
9. Changed - Increased the tech points for the 3 starting tech levels.
10. Fixed - Message boxes were not responding to the Return key as clicking the OK button.
11. Fixed - The mousewheel would not work if the mouse was over the thumb or arrow buttons.
12. Fixed - In windowed mode, the mouse coordinates for the mousewheel were off by the size of the
13. Added - End of Turn confirmation information.
14. Added - On the System window, you can hold Ctrl and right-click to perform a Move order (or
an Attack order if the sector you click on has a visible enemy present).
15. Fixed - Blue line under large green planet.
16. Fixed - Space & Ground Combat hotkeys were misassigned.
17. Fixed - Sound clips on full screen windows were not being played (until the window was closed).
18. Fixed - The Load/Save window was not supporting double clicks.
1. Note - Release Version
More articles about Space Empires V