"We strive with every 2K Sports product to bring the most entertaining and realistic sports experience possible. With Major League Baseball 2K7 we listened to our fans, redesigning the game by strengthening the core gameplay and incorporating new, innovative features," stated Greg Thomas, president of Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio. "When Major League Baseball 2K7 is released later this winter, fans will experience the most authentic and exciting MLB® video game experience on any platform."
"It is a real privilege to represent the premier MLB title in the video game industry," stated Derek Jeter. "Just as I am always striving to improve my game, 2K Sports is constantly improving theirs, and this dedication has made Major League Baseball 2K7 the best MLB video game ever."
Jeter, a seven-time All-Star, had a spectacular 2006 season, finishing with a .343 batting average that ranked second overall in the American League. Additionally in 2006, Jeter won his third straight Gold Glove award as well as winning the Hank Aaron Award for best overall offensive performer for the American League. As the New York Yankees' team captain, Jeter's talent, leadership, and determined attitude have earned him numerous accolades, cementing him as one of the greatest players to wear the Yankee pinstripes.
- Player-specific batting stances, waggles, home run celebrations, step-ins, step-outs, windups and deliveries bring each player to life like never before.
- Fielder positioning, relay and cutoff A.I. has been redesigned allow for better, more authentic Major League defensive play. Defensive alignments are now based on who is at the plate.
- Responsive throwing mechanics coupled with unique animations for infield, outfield and situational throws brings your command of the ball to a new level.
- Updated for the 2007 season, Inside Edge™ data is now tied into USER control at the plate. Playing into your pitcher's or hitter's strengths will now reward you with a boost in hitting power.
- 2K7 player models are brought to life with exquisite accuracy. Now body type, player faces, accessories, uniforms and hats match their real-world counterparts down to the minutest details.
- Team news, attendance, ticket prices and fan “buzz” will all play a key role in the success of your franchise. Each of these elements can affect your seasonal profit or deficit, affecting budgets for subsequent seasons.
- All-Star duo Jon Miller and Hall of Famer Joe Morgan returns to the broadcast booth to deliver the best commentary in the business.
- Seamless camera work, new crowd audio and stunning replays keep you in the moment through the duration of a game.
- Go head-to-head and compete in leagues and tournaments against the best players on the planet.
- Nirvana, Sublime, The Stooges, Pixies, 311, Wolfmother, Stone Temple Pilots, The Specials, Tapes & Tapes, DFA 1979, Thermals And more.
Major League Baseball 2K7 will be available for the Xbox 360, Xbox, PS3, PS2, and the PSP. Additional features and enhancements that take the virtual Major League Baseball experience to the next level will be announced in advance of the release of Major League Baseball 2K7 in late winter.
More articles about Major League Baseball 2K7