Set in a futuristic, industrial war-torn atmosphere, CellFactor: Revolution features three unique characters, two that possess mind-control combat abilities. Beginning January 8 and concluding on January 11, International CES show attendees will be able to preview the title in AGEIA's partners' including Maximum PC (73030). Members of the press may take a more in-depth look at the title behind closed doors in the Sands Expo and Convention Center in AGEIA's meeting rooms 73024 and 73124.
CellFactor: Revolution will be available approximately one year after it debuted as CellFactor: Combat Training, a technology demonstration to showcase the capabilities of AGEIA's PhysX processor at the 2006 Game Developers Conference. Developed by Artificial Studios in conjunction with Immersion Games, CellFactor: Revolution features at least five worlds with fully destructible architecture, playable as a single-player or network supported LAN game.
"We're excited that the latest CellFactor: Revolution advancements will be shown at the world's largest consumer technology show just a few months prior to release," said Jeremy Stieglitz, president of Artificial Studios. "Players will see that the PhysX processor enabled us to tap into a whole new range of gameplay scenarios that have the ability to impact the PC gaming landscape."
In the story campaign mode, players will take one of three unique characters, Black Ops, Bishop and Guardian, through industrial settings in the near future on Earth. After a series of cataclysmic events, the planet is now dominated by a superpower dedicated only to the advancement of technology -- no matter what the human cost. This technology forms the basis of a cybernetic-enhanced humanoid army, whose telekinetic powers are used to maintain relative order across the planet. A scattered human resistance fights for one last shred of freedom, tapping into psychic abilities in an attempt to conquer what appears to be an invincible enemy. The gamer can play as characters from both sides of this war.
Offering a new level of physical interaction in PC gaming, players can manipulate a massive amount of objects simultaneously, control vehicles and fight against AI-controlled opponents or challenge friends to a match in the networked gameplay modes. Playable via a LAN connection, up to eight gamers and eight CPU bots can populate the futuristic setting for massive combat action. In addition, the multiplayer modes -- death match, team death match, assault and combat -- are playable with one human and up to eight AI-controlled characters.
CellFactor: Revolution combines widespread environmental destruction, psychic combat and realistic cloth and fluid effects to produce a fun and innovative first-person shooter.
The gaming community has embraced CellFactor since its 2006 inception, along with the ability to make modifications to develop unique mini-games. Tight knit groups of "modders" are currently building new gameplay scenarios. One modder chose to celebrate the New Year CellFactor-style by shooting 2000 "7s" on "Chimera Island," an original game setting not featured in the upcoming game release.
Key advancements from CellFactor: Combat Training to CellFactor: Revolution include:
- Fully destructible architecture in five unique environments -- bust through walls, break down pillars, blow up bridges and more.
- CellFactor: Revolution establishes a new standard of real-time multiplayer interactivity -- thousands of breakable objects become instant deadly arms. Four times the amount of interactive objects as
CellFactor: Combat Training.
- Powerful new Psychic abilities, including Psi Rift (hold many objects at once with both hands), Psi Crunch (implode whatever the character is holding), Psi Wave (part an ocean of objects in front of you), Dual- Wielding of any two weapons and more.
- New vehicles, including a flying mechanized power-suit that creates an dynamic gameplay experience.
- New weapons, including a physically realistic Grappling Hook, giving players more ways to destroy enemies and the environment around them.
- Fresh gameplay modes include Assault and physics-oriented sports modes in addition to Deathmatch and Physical Capture the Flag.
More articles about CellFactor: Revolution