City Life: World Edition, the follow up to the critically acclaimed city builder, City Life, keeps all the great aspects of the original and expands the possibilities through exciting new content and features. Over 100 new buildings, including famous structures such as the White House, the Eiffel Tower, the Kremlin and others will be available in the game, along with new maps and a fully-integrated content editor. Now players will be able to create or customize buildings within the game, then share them online with other City Life: World Edition owners. Players will also be able to listen to their favorite music while playing the game by simply importing their favorite MP3 files.
- A true 3D city builder that allows the player to grow his or her creations from a small village to a massive megalopolis, creating a living breathing metropolis filled with diverse citizens moving to and fro, interacting realistically with one another and the player.
- Six distinct social classes challenge players' design and management skills. Unique amenities must be offered to meet the varying expectations of the citizenry, as only diverse but harmonious neighborhoods allow a city to reach its full potential.
- Twenty-seven included terrains and over 300 distinct structures -- from run-down tenements and corner gas stations to elegant villas and imposing skyscrapers -- are available to challenge players
- New international landmarks such as the White House, Eiffel Tower, Kremlin and Statue of Liberty provide the opportunity to create a truly international metropolis
- Gameplay can be pursued in an open-ended sandbox mode or in a goal-oriented approach
- A powerful game engine takes into account population density, pollution, economics, education, the mood and social background of the citizenry, and much more to create a rich game experience
- An extensive city editor allows players to create sophisticated and challenging city management situations, while a new in-game building editor allows the modification of all buildings; these can then be shared online with the City Life: World Edition community
- Players can import MP3 music files to build and manage their city while rocking (or relaxing) to their own soundtrack
City Life: World Edition is set to ship to North American retail on January 15, 2007.
More articles about City Life: World Edition