This is demo version of ArmA and it covers only small part of the full game: cut down part of the Sahrani, main island of the game, 3 multiplayer missions (Cooperative (1-8 players), Capture the Flag (1-16 players) and Capture the Island (1-60 players)) and selected units, vehicles and weapons.
ArmADemo Build 5114 allows to play the demo as a dedicated server host. In order to use this executable as dedicated server you need to start it with commandline parameter
for more information about usage of ArmA Dedicated servers.
HOW TO INSTALL
You need to copy and overwrite the files in the folder where ArmA Demo is installed using updated files in this archive.
This update is intended for hosts. However, it works also as client.
Note that this executable supports also German language based on your Windows settings (you can also set language in ArmA.cfg file stored in your windows documents folder). It's not recommended to use this exe to play the demo on game clients.
This update requires ArmA Demo 1.03 installed. See readme of the ArmA Demo 1.03 for more information.
- Fixed: Dedicated server can use missions in addons now
- Fixed: Voice recording did not work with some sound-cards/drivers.
- Added: On-screen icons indicating bad connection quality or desync in MP
- Improved: Multiplayer screens layout
- Fixed: preloadCamera and preloadObject always return true on dedicated server.
- Fixed: Dedicated server crash on preloadCamera (causing CTI crash in the demo).
- Fixed: Tanks could fall through narrow gaps in some models.
- Fixed: Command line option -netlog was still not enabled in 1.02 - fixed now.
- Fixed: Targets are made known to AI once message about them is transmitted over radio. This prevents situations where AI gunner silently rejected a command because not knowing the target.
- Fixed: Random DS crashes
- Fixed: DS - Mission voting results show correctly localized mission name for missions in addons
- Fixed: Failure opening custom files (face, squad logo) might be causing server termination.
- Fixed: DS crash (for group with no waypoints)
- New: Push to Talk actions for voice over net
- Fixed: Keys 0,..,9 and F1,..,F12 are reserved even when combined with Ctrl key
- Fixed: Crash caused by target handling change in 5111.
In order to install and play the ArmA Demo, your system must meet or exceed the following minimum system requirements:
Windows XP with latest service pack installed,
CPU: Intel Core/Pentium 4/AMD Athlon 2 GHz or equivalent (3 GHz recommended), RAM: 512 MB (1 GB Recommended),
Video Card: 128MB DirectX compliant video card, Pixel shader 2.0 and above, only Ati and Nvidia chipsets are supported (256 MB of memory recommended),
Sound Card: OpenAL compatible (full OpenAL hardware acceleration capable card recommended),
Hard Drive space: 2 GB of free space is required to install and play the demo, Internet connection: 256kbit Cable/DSL connection
More articles about Armed Assault