Changes in Version 1.22
* new: Added a new sound to Primordius fighters launching
* fix: Mods load default game highscores/settings when first run
* fix: Extra space in soundfx.ini
Changes in Version 1.2
new: another "main quest" with a new race added
new: randomize Tan Ru speech
new: tweaked alien fleet settings
new: a new Urluquai ship
new: cleaner mission selection buttons
new: better nebula/starfield background
new: prettier missile trails
new: fanfare when Kawangi destroyed in combat
new: big throbbing indicator when passing time
new: command line option to skip launcher (-skiplauncher)
new: command line option to enable debug messages (-verbose)
new: command line option to select OpenAL audio driver (-audiodriver)
fix: passing time is dangerous (doesn't stop on some popups)
fix: hire button makes no sound
fix: Kawangi destroy Glory, game ends before we see it blow up
fix: non-stardrive fighters slow down flotilla
fix: hit space on "incoming aliens", cause a crash
fix: radar screen inits twice on "incoming aliens"
fix: enemies "escape" too quickly when disabled by long range fire
fix: weaponless enemies don't always flee
fix: fighters stop to fire at cap ships, very dangerous!
fix: quit popup should toggle when hit ESC again
fix: cloak/decloak button doesn't update on hotkey
fix: ESCing out of F1 screen or timer breaks Engage
fix: Esmerelda spelled inconsistently
fix: combat sim doesn't end on quit if paused
fix: can use Klak beacon as payment and cancel with no penalty
fix: ships leap forward in intro combat
fix: gong attacks own ship if enemy is burning
fix: gong a spacehulk, can see it heal in top right screen
fix: unfriendly to multi-tasking (uses 100% CPU)
fix: sitting on collapser when it goes off breaks interface
fix: should wait when killed by collapser, until effect is done
fix: after getting damocles, can't mirror into system
fix: can swap out a structural system (just not "uninstall")
fix: low-resolution scrolling cargo window gets stuck
fix: can get stuck at a black hole by using an item-giving device
fix: slow ships being dragged in formation
new: reintroduce strings.ini (no more hardcoded strings)
new: introduce numbers.ini to modify global numbers
new: allow modifying GUI colors (tacked on strings.ini)
new: allow pushing game time limit further by quest command (ADDT)
new: way to set explosion/burn effects and sounds per hull
new: allow changing fighter launch sound (SOND in system ini)
new: increase max number of weapon stages?
new: increase max number of planet types!!!
new: increase max number of quests!!!!
new: charge-up effects (see nova cannon in "superpirate")
new: make it possible to create new alien fleets while ingame?
new: a way to make fighterbays launch "squads"
new: can prevent a star type from being random-generated (FLAG nogen)
new: alternative x y a speeds for weapon stages with randomizing
new: define planet name in quest, or use typename if set to "norename"
new: remove installed systems in quest (REMI/REMA commands)
new: remove player/ally ships (REMS command). handle with extreme caution!
fix: if no "FLAG mainquest" quests the game will crash.
fix: crash on guided missiles targeting other missiles
fix: hangs if not enough random races (should be more gentle!)
fix: TPOS quest command fails badly if not on first page
fix: slow-firing fighter bays wait too long before first launch
fix: guns the same way.. should start combat in "ready" state?
fix: saboteur doesn't work in popup quests
fix: large maps hang if not enough random items (untested)
fix: can't remove passengers with REMV command (untested)
For information about modding Weird Worlds, including the v1.2 changes, visit The Modmaker's Guide to the Galaxy website at
Changes in Version 1.11
fix: damaged item removed by autoinstall, causing a damaged empty slot
fix: crash on pressing number keys to select Farseeker on starmap
fix: triangles around fighters in intro fight
fix: fighters get killed when they stop to turn?
fix: if auto-popup planets is turned off, don't get ambassadors?
MOD fix: captured player ships become dormant when killed
Changes in Version 1.1
- new: scoring based on nebula/difficulty levels
- new: show nova radius if you have extent calculator
- new: enemies flee if no guns
- new: prettier combat reticles
- new: command-line options -w, -h, -window, -fullscreen, -nosound, -game
- new: added options to turn off briefing, enemy dodging and planet re-opening
- new for MODs: flexible dead/ asleep/ board/ capture flags on hulls (for mods)
- new for MODs: allow more fleets per race (added A-F)
- new for MODs: increased max star types/classes to 64
- new for MODs: increased max names per star/planet class to 32
- new for MODs: increased max ships per race to 16
- fix: OpenAL interfaces directsound3d; plain directsound is more reliable.
- fix: (fully known) muktian fleet not destroyed by kawangi?
- fix: F1 screen pauses combat, stays paused? (if F1 pressed twice)
- fix: blackhole reverse flush makes no sound
- fix: can try to ram a fighter
- fix: combat screen shows date but not days left?
- fix: view klakar homeworld with tutorial on, gives a trade tut.
- fix: Quicksilver sea has a typo
- fix: gets "damaged" tutorial when a ship is destroyed in combat
- fix: can sell klakar beacon at homeworlds?
- fix: got two vacuum collapsers (one in Klakar hold)
- fix: can engage with a held item
- fix: when escaping/turning around, ship drives forward first
- fix: can set formation point on top of the lead ship
- fix: formation leader dodges followers!
- fix: can set ship A to escort ship B which escorts ship A -> bad!
- fix: when ramming, sometimes tries to evade ships *behind* target
- fix: trying to mirror to a radar blip that's been unknowingly destroyed
- fix: default formation too tight (auto-evasion problems)
- fix: carrier-fighters should always look for a new enemy when done
- fix: "sticky" collision avoidance prevents turning away from avd ship
- fix: collision avoidance when rear-ending another ship should stop
- fix: parked ships dodging incoming others don't actually move!
- fix: spacing in Black Hole exploration window
- fix: retreating the lead ship of a formation should retreat all of them
- fix: mercenary music stays on sometimes
- fix: gunless muktian corvette vs. tan ru demolisher -> AI deadlock
- fix: possible to get infinite score by milking carriers
- fix: lifeforms on frozen planets
- fix: can wish for various structural items
- MOD fix: mod banners don't fall back to default folder
- MOD fix: weird stuff when terran isn't listed first in game.ini
- MOD fix: can't change name of Trade Emporium
- MOD fix: shootable non-colliding projectile hits ships?
- MOD fix: error messages should go to stderr, not stdout
More articles about Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space