The Eye of Judgment presents a new style of gameplay where collectable trading cards, embedded with a CyberCode, are brought to life in the 3D game through use of the innovative “9 Fields” battle mat and PlayStation Eye. Players compete by selecting a card and placing the coded card in front of the PlayStation Eye for their respective creatures to come to life and battle on screen. Players take turns placing cards as they jostle for control; the winner is the first player to conquer five of the nine squares of the “9 Fields” battle mat. The gamers task is to conquer the board by deploying their cards more skillfully than their opponent.
Players have four ways to play The Eye of Judgment, single player against their PS3, against an opponent in two-player mode, against an opponent online, or letting the PS3 play out a round with the cards the player owns. The Eye of Judgment comes with a starter deck of 30 character and spell cards manufactured by Hasbro. Pre-constructed decks and booster packs, sold separately in stores, can be purchased to strategically build the perfect deck using the 110 cards unique cards available.
The Eye of Judgment bundle in the US is $69.99. The bundle includes the following:
- The Eye of Judgment software (disc case, manual, Blu-ray disc)
- PlayStation Eye camera
- Judgment (camera) stand
- 9 Fields Battle Mat
- (1) Starter deck (includes 30 Summoning Cards + 4 Function Cards)
- (1) Booster pack (includes 8 randomly inserted Summoning Cards with one guaranteed to be rare or ultra rare)
Additionally, Summoning Cards will be sold separately in the form of Booster Packs and pre-constructed Theme Decks, available by Wizards of the Coast.
• Booster Pack: SRP = $3.75
• Pre-constructed Theme Deck: SRP = $14.99 (Five different Theme Decks available. Each fully playable and include a bonus Summoner’s Companion book with background, play tips and card lists)
The October launch of The Eye of Judgment and its Summoning Cards introduces the first in a long series of card sets available for play. Stay tuned for further announcements on upcoming expansion packs and new Summoning Cards. Each new set will consist of more powerful creatures and spells to introduce new strategies and gameplay mechanics to refresh the EOJ gaming experience.
- A revolutionary new way to use the PS3 system, based on traditional trading card games and given a new dimension in 3D by next-generation technology.
- Developed in collaboration with Hasbro and its Wizards of the Coast subsidiary that produces Magic: The Gathering
- Four ways to play - player vs. PS3, player vs. player offline, player vs. player online, PS3 vs. PS3 using players own deck.
- High Definition 3D animated characters and vehicles come to life seamlessly into the on camera view of your tabletop.
- The Eye of Judgment will be bundled with PlayStation Eye, 9 Fields mat, stand, a starter deck of 30 cards, and a booster pack of 8 cards. More than 100 different characters and spells will be offered via additional booster packs and pre-constructed decks, available at major retail chains.
- The Eye of Judgment is a socially engaging title that will appeal to gamers of all ages and abilities.
More articles about The Eye of Judgment